• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to DNG fails in Photo Downloader from Bridge CC 2019 Windows 7 Pro

Explorer ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had no issues using the Bridge Photo Downloader until recently. I am not sure what changed but now when tick the "convert to DNG" box, my images copy but do not convert. If I open DNG converter I am able to convert the copied files with no error, but this seems an unnecessary second step in my workflow. I have searched the forums but have not found anything to help.

All apps are updated. My Windows photo folders are located on an external drive (USB 3.0) with Full Control permissions set. I am running Windows 7 Pro.

bridge_error_back.jpg

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That should not be happening, let's make this right.

• Could you try copying few images to the local drive and then try converting them through Bridge?
  • Have you tried re-setting your preferences by launching Bridge with the Option key held down? Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for freezes and performance issues
  • Please let us know the make and model of the camera.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied my CF card contents to a folder on my local drive, but I don't know how to select a local folder from the menu option "Get Photos from Camera", my choices are:

H:\<EOS Digital> <--- my card reader with CF card inserted

<Refresh List>

--Select a Device--

Yes I've reset my Bridge Prefs

Also my entire CC suite has been completely uninstalled  and reinstalled by Adobe tech support last week (for a different problem)

The camera is Canon 5D MKIV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil, we seemed to be off to a good start when you replied to my post right away - then you evaporated. Do you have any help to offer me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for a delay in my response, and thanks for providing the information.

Could you please try installing the Camera Raw plugin from this link and let us know if it helps? Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That (11.2.1) is the version I had installed. As of this morning I am now updated to the latest version which is 11.3. I will try that and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not convert from Bridge import.

bridge_problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurred to my to do an experiment, because this PC is using an SSD for my Boot / OS /Program files (C:), a second HDD for my Data files (D:), and a third HDD for my Picture files (F:). When I try to copy/convert my .CR2 files to a folder my D: or F: drives, it fails.

But

When I tested converting to a folder on my C: drive... it worked. Is this a limitation of the Bridge converter? Because the Adobe DNG Converter works just fine when the target Save directory is on that F: drive.

What the hec is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same conversion problem trying to import files for a Nikon Z5 camera NEF files.

I tired support but they had no answers and cancelled my case as 'solved'.

The satnd alone convertor works fine but Bridge 'get photos from camera' function does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact issue just started happening to me. When I download photos to my computer from my card via Bridge, I select the "convert to DNG" option. The last couple of times I've done that, at the end of all the downloading, I received the same error message @ilex_verticillata received above.

Was a solution figured out? The problem seems to have started arbitrarily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just verifying, are all of you trying to convert raw files or JPGs. You can't Convert to DNG with jpg files.

If the answer is raw files, than please think back as to what has changed in the last week or so when things were working just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! Yes, correct, they were raw files. 

I did get a new camera months ago (Canon EOS R), though I don't recall any issues the first time I downloaded my images. Then the pandemic hit and I didn't use it for a while. So the issue is cropping up with my second/third use of the camera, though it IS my first thorough use of it. Interestingly, these last two times, I was also unable to preview the files in Bridge's download window. Could the issues be connected? That's never happened before either. 

(And I do keep all my Adobe products up to date.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced this same problem for the last several years and have found no solution only a workaround. That being I no longer ask Photo Downloader to convert to dng but download as CS2,  open the whole batch in ACR (maybe do some editing first) then save them as dng from there. This seems foolproof. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Forgive my ignorance, but what is ACR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Adobe Camera Raw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same problem with the last few versions of Bridge.  The Bridge photo downloader previously worked beautifully for downloading & converting all my files to DNG.  Not anymore.  Now it will work for downloading all cards, but will only convert to DNG from my Fuji camera cards, not from my Nikon D6.  It previously worked for both.  What is going on with Bridge!?  All my Adobe software is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines