• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy / Paste Keywords

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to copy / paste keywords. I have several photos from a fitness shoot where I separate keywords by amenity, equipment, exercises, etc. Many times, we circle back and do the same exercise as early just later in the day in a different location. I like to view my photos in the Filmstrip, so I don't see the exercises we'll be repeating in a grid view.

Is there a way to copy / paste keywords so that I don't have to click the boxes for each individual photo as I scroll through the photos in Filmstrip view?

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can high lite several images at once and input a keyword

You can creatre sub folders for alternate activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create a metadata template from a file and apply that to other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was struggling with how to copy and paste blocks of keywords in Adobe Bridge while also maintaining semicolon formatting. This was a much greater challenge than I would have thought to figure out. By Jove's beard I did figure it out, and it isn't that hard to do. But isn't as easy as I feel it should be. Based on my limited experience this method only works with one file at a time. There may be a way around that, but I know not what it is.

So in the Bridge interface along the toolbar, at the top, there is a button/icon showing 3 pages cascading. It is called refine when you hover your mouse over it.

When you click on the Refine button you want to pick the File Info option. Again this only works with one file selected at a time in my experience. It opens an editable metadata interface panel. There you can copy, cut, delete, and edit any info including keywords.  There is a keyboard shortcut too, on Apple command I.

If someone else posted this elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just discovered this solution, some 3 years later, but it's very helpful, Thanks! I did notice you CAN paste the copied string of keywords onto several photos at once. Just cntrl or shift select your multiple photos, then open the "File Info" mentioned by Carterpix earlier and paste into the keywords section. It updates all the selected photos the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines