• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying files into a server

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I just recently updated my bridge for 2023 and noticed it is performing a little differently. When I moved files into a server it will just "copy" files. So I will end up with two sets of files, one in my internal and another in the server. With this 2023 update, all of my files move to whatever destination I give them and get deleted from their original location. I don't right-click, I normally drag the files over and it provided a copy. So it's a habit I created and it always worked out. Now, I have been having to do an extra step to maintain two copies. 

Now, this is a perk, but I have been trying to restore it since I am working with servers. I have a forever fear of it losing connections in the middle of a big file move and potentially getting corrupted. 

TOPICS
Batch , How to , Image processor , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is apparently one of many bugs in the new version, it was in the beta/PR release notes I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Geo, we noticed the same strange behavior of moving files instead of copy.
To avoid that we sually copy files between servers using the operating system interface drag and drop.
If you still want to use the Bridge interface you could drag files from your local to the Bridge interface and press alt to tell bridge to copy files instead of moving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines