• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying manual order selection

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a selection of 60 photos which I have ordered manually. I now want to copy this selection to a new folder, keeping the same manual sort order. Every time I copy to the new folder, however, it resorts the photos by filename. Does anyone know how I can copy them and keep the manual order? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 19bgt,

Unfortunately the only way I know of to maintain a custom order is to rename them. The good news is that this is very easy to do. 

1) place the photos in the order you want

2) select all of the photos you want to rename

3) go to Tools (menu) and 1st option is Batch Rename...

4) fill out and select/change what you want in the new window. Note that if you do new filenames. you can see in the Preview on the bottom what you'll get.

5) Click Rename.

Let me know how this works out,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I forgot to add that if you want to maintain the original names as they stand, if you copy the images to a new folder and do this renaming process on the copied images, you are also good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines