Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Shared Image Library

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have lots of client images, photos of work etc. These are currently all over a Server.

We want a way to Catalogue, Tag, Divide up our whole collection in one place.

We've never looked at or used Bridge before and, at first glance, it looks achievable but I've been trawling the internet and no one has really discussed it with the current versions of Creative Suite.

I have had a play and for a single user on one machine it's great but when i then log into Bridge on my Laptop they aren't there. I also then want to share my library with a colleague and can't work that out either.

Or am i looking at the wrong solution for this?

Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Adobe Libraries with a team subscription but that puts everything on Adobe's servers. Bridge is pretty much standalone, Adobe Experience Manager is their shared DAM or you can look at other offerings on the market. This is mostly deisnged for the enterprise and gets really expensive in a hurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BeautifulDesign,

First off, as you've noticed, this is well beyond Bridge's abilities. It was intended as a tool to look at photos so that one can triage a bunch of images for keep & toss as well as coordinate color profiels across Adobe apps. It can also do limited application of various processes such as resizing a folder of images, renaming, and a few other "crank it out" processes. It was never set to properly run on a server and has no websharing abilities whatsoever.

How many people are you talking about?

How much interaction are you expecting/hoping for?

Off the top of my head I think that Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic) might be helpful for you but I'm not fully sure it will provide the capabilites that you want or need.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are currently researching the same exact problem. Take a look at NeoFinder http://www.cdfinder.de

It is like bridge except much more robust and offers the pro version allows for shared catalogs accros servers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines