• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Critical problem with PSD files larger than 1GB

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac OS 12.0.1 Apple Silicon, Bridge is failing to generate thumbnails for any PSD larger than 1GB. Also, Export hangs on these same PSD files and never progresses (no error message, just hangs... and then Export is broken until quitting and re-opening Bridge).

Any fix for this?

Bridge v 12.0.0.234

TOPICS
Batch , Bug , Crash or freeze , Image processor , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

OK I just became aware of the "Do Not Process Files Larger Than" Thumbnail setting, HOWEVER, it seems this also effects the Export. After increasing the amount to 2000 MB I was able to export my files without hanging the exporter. 

Surely it's a bug that the value of this Thumbnail setting can break Export? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of what I mean, where you can clearly see the problem:

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.49.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I just became aware of the "Do Not Process Files Larger Than" Thumbnail setting, HOWEVER, it seems this also effects the Export. After increasing the amount to 2000 MB I was able to export my files without hanging the exporter. 

Surely it's a bug that the value of this Thumbnail setting can break Export? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the plot thickens... Batch Exports will still hang after changing this setting *until the files are processed for thumbnails*. For example, I just noticed my Export was hung again for over 10 minutes. I switched to the folder in Bridge and after a brief moment processing the larger files' Thumbnails / Preview, the Export started up again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically I had to go to List view to force the Export to continue. Simply viewing the folder in Thumbnail or Details view did not allow the Export to move forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where is a  "Thumbnail setting" ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines