• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Bridge search stopped working Windows 10 pro ver 1903

Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry to bother you, but I've looked through the Bridge search problems and haven't been able to fix the situation.

CS6 Bridge "search" function has stopped working .... it won't search for anything other than a folder that has recently been opened.  For instance, I'm working on a project for a local immigrant program.  When I searched for the Key Word "Chinese" no photos were selected (I was searching in the right folder, which I double-checked.)  So I poked around in the photos and found those of Chinese immigrants and opened that folder in Bridge.  Just for the heck of it, I closed the Chinese folder and did a Bridge search.....this time the folder opened.  So I then searched for my granddaughter, Ellie.  No photos showed up....and I'm certain you can imagine I have about million photos of her now that she's 7 years. 

I'm using a Dell XPS 8700 with an i7 processor and 24gb of RAM.  The OS is Windows 10 64bit, version 1903, which otherwise is working very well. 

Hope you can help, because although I'm retired I still use a bank of 5gb of photos and not being able to search those is a problem I don't want to even consider.

Thanks much!

bab

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

The current version of LR, you just select the folders that you want to import and press a button. It catalogs all the metadata. It's that easy! I only use it for that, I still use Camera Raw and Bridge to sort and edit my images. It's worth doing a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019
Oh, it's still only $10 a month.....I thought it had gone up in price. I suspect that might be the best option after all. I've been using Capture One for Fuji X and have inquired as to the usefulness of Bridge keywords (Capture One also has a catalog), but I also do illustrations and there's no Program better than Photoshop for that application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it's still only $10 a month.....I thought it had gone up in price. I suspect that might be the best option after all. I've been using Capture One for Fuji X and have inquired as to the usefulness of Bridge keywords (Capture One also has a catalog), but I also do illustrations and there's no Program better than Photoshop for that application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's equal or less than one lunch out at a fast food place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone mark this as a question, so I can indicate the solution?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all questions. There seems to be an issue with OPs marking their own threads. Which post or posts do you want marked? I can do that. We can also mark several correct answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, let's select the post on Pg 3, "It's only $10 a month.....".  Also your post on page 2, "The current version ...."

Thanks, and BTW CC2019/Bridge/LR classic is a excellent bundle and well worth the cost.  There's a small problem with CC2019 recognizing file types, but I'll post in the CC forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines