• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom File Info / Metadata

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom File Info panel in Photoshop. I am wanting the same metadata to show up in bridge. But as I was following the tutorials it seems the correct folder to place the xml files is missing. I was using this forum post:

How to install correctly XMP Metadata UI sdk CC 2014 "sample extension" in CC application and Bridge...

I have my extension in Adobe/XMP/Metadata Extension. My extension folder includes a manifest.xml, a view folder with my view.xml, and a schema folder with my schema.xml

Everything shows and works correctly in Photoshop, but nothing appears in Bridge. The articles mentions putting a file in Custom/File/Info/Panels/4.0 but no such folder exists in my Bridge installation. I'm guessing because of the recent update. I am using Adobe Bridge CC 2017.

Folders.jpg

Here is what my bridge folder looks like. Please help! How do I get my metadata to show and sync in Bridge?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

You will need the subfolders to get it to work, here is my layout, Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try:

On the Mac:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Custom File Info Panels

Win, similar to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\XMP\Custom File Info Panels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that folder. These are my two options. The Metadata Extensions folder is where my files currently are, that are being displayed correctly in Photoshop.

folders2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If folders do not exist you have to create them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot from my Mac:

custom.png

The previous windows path was from a 32 bit system, just change the path. Sometimes the subfolder such as “4.0” inside Custom File Info Panels is required, or you may just be able to have the XML file loose in this main directory without the need for a sub folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need the subfolders to get it to work, here is my layout, Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SuperMerlin, you are correct that there is also a custom folder inside the 4.0 folder that my previous screenshot did not indicate.

I don’t know why I had some custom loose files outside of my v4.0 folder, perhaps this was for the “oldstyle” legacy XMP info data panels? All my old panels have the following description in them which is no longer used in the new XMP panels, the entire XMP structure appears to be different in CS6 onwards:

<!DOCTYPE panel SYSTEM "http://ns.adobe.com/custompanels/1.0">

Anyway, this old thread covers some of the install paths:

Custom Info Panel as Bridge MetaData Panel

I am now thinking that there has been some confusion in my mind between File Info metadata panels and Bridge Metadata Panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I copied my customSchema.xml file to the new folder path I created and now the metadata panel is showing in bridge!!

Still have another issue though. My file info that is entered in Photoshop, is not syncing the metadata panel in Bridge. It's like they are saving two separate things. How do I get them to link and sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that most of the times I have to purge the cache (for selected files) in Bridge to get them to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my goodness I had a small typo which was preventing it from working. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines