Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Startup Script freeze the launch of Bridge

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just updated to Bridge 2020 and the script I developed blocks the launch of Bridge. I have to wait about 1 minute before I get an error message saying that a script took longer than 10 seconds and blocked the launch.

It is a script that is automatically launched at startup. I don't have any problem when I launch the script manually afterwards.

Do you have any idea why my script doesn't launch at startup?

I tried with a simple Hello World and the problem is still there.

It is not related to the content of the script, but to the launch of the script. I looked at the file permissions and everyone can read and execute it. It's really related to the migration to the new version, because it worked very well before, even on Catalina.

My information :
Bridge: 10.0.1.126
MacOS: 10.15.2

Thanks a lot

Nicolas

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be your script. I get that message, if I try and open Bridge too soon, and my computer hasn't fully booted up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer but I have the problem every time even after a long use of my computer.... 

Any other ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post post the script? Where are you putting the script that it loads on startup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the script. I have numerous scripts published including a fair amount of auto-running code and they work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with this and it still freezes the launch of Bridge...

$.writeln("Hello World !");

The scrirpt is located here :

/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge 2020/Startup Scripts

The Mac I'm running the script is a brand new one. I tried with another new mac and same problem !
However, I had no problem running the script at startup with my personal mac where Bridge CC 2019 where installed....

I really don't understand... it's not linked to the content of the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post.the.script.please. We can't help you without seeing what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have extendscript toolkit installed? That script will call ESTK and write the "Hello world," to its console, rather than a normal alert box. That would delay Bridge from opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines