Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date picture taken & MS date acquired

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I have some pictures where the date of picture is missing in the metadata (EXIF). However, when I look at the file properties in Windows, I see a "Date Acquired" field which is correctly populated with the date the picture was taken.Also Adobe Bridge does see it as when I go into the RawData, I see it :<MicrosoftPhoto:DateAcquired>2013-01-04T13:53:05.857</MicrosoftPhoto:DateAcquired>

I would like that date to be added to the EXIF when missing ...can this be done by BRIDGE? I would like to avoid having to do that manually.

thanks

B

TOPICS
Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless someone has a script........ Manually is your only option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a sample image I'm pretty sure that I can automate this using ExifTool, I'm not sure what is possible with a Bridge or Photoshop script (as this is XMP metadata then there is more hope).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen

thanks for the offer. After fiddling a bit with ExifTool I did manage to do this. Steep learning curve but how powerful ! 
thanks  again for the offer though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, I could have helped with the learning curve and would still be interested to see if I can help with hacking an existing Bridge script. I must have looked for an hour or so for a sample image online that contained this MS metadata, however, I didn't have any success. It does not matter about the image content, the image could be pure white or black and it does not matter about size, the image could be 1x1 px in size! It is all about the metadata. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stephen, 

please check your messages... I just sent you one. 

B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines