• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download uses Modified Date, not Shot Date!

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing pictures from my iPhone, the Downloader in Bridge 10.0.3. sorts them by Date Modified, not by Shot Date. Also, subfolder creation and renaming during import does NOT use the Shot Date, as it pretends to do, but the date of last file modification.

When I inspect the imported files, both Date Created of the file and Date Time Original in the EXIF data show the correct date, but the file has been renamed to the wrong date and moved to the wrong folder - Date File Modified now of course being today's date....

In the screenshot: file was shot 13.02.2019 and modified 04.03.2020, hence the new file name is 20200403_0001.jpg where it should be 20200213_0001.jpg!

Why on earth is the downloader relying on file dates when the full EXIF-data is availble? And when using file dates, why using the modified date instead of the created date?

Seems there has been a complaint about this already in 2018:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/create-subfolders-option-in-photo-downloader-using-file-modifi...

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem - any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. No answer from @Adobe on this issue. It's just been six weeks.... (plus 2 years since the other issue mentioned in the text) and I have to admit that I didn't try again - but since there was no recent update of Bridge it probably hasn't been fixed.

If you would give this post a "like" (and find some hundred other users who do the same), maybe it gets enough traction?

But thanks for asking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the exact problem I have been having - any updates?

Lightroom, which I use primarily for RAW files, gets this folder issue right (even for iPhone Jpegs) but Bridge doesn't have the same smarts it seems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines