• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & drop folder into Bridge?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a bit new to Bridge. I'd like to know why I can't drag & drop a folder of images inot Bridge. I have several folders with subfolders already organized that I'd like to drop into a Collection.

TIA!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which platform are you on and what version of Bridge? Where are you dragging the files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using version 12.0.3.270. Mac OS 11.6.8. Trying to drag folders from remote server.  Have tried dragging folder from desktop but it doesn’t work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't drag a folder into a Collection, only individual files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, I don't understand why you can't. My folders/subfolders are already organized how I want them, why would I have to reinvent the wheel to add them to Bridge? I don't want a Collection with hundreds or thousands of loose images. Can you add/create sub Collections? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, theréis no such thing as sub-collections. A collection is just a way to organize random images.

And you don't "add" anything to Bridge. Its a file browser, it shows what is on your drive. Just navigate to your folders if you already have them setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is ther a way to create my own folder & add subfolders to it in the Folders pane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge is a FILE BROWSER. Its reads what is already on your hard drive. There is no import or separate database of files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines