• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Monitors - Adobe Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are wanting to use dual monitors in Bridge you are out of luck.

After spending hours looking at youtube, forums and speaking to Adobe support I have come to the conclusion there is no way to use dual monitors in Bridge.

Disappointing as it is...  save yourself the time....

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Download the Utility Script Pack and move the entire folder into Bridge Scripts (directions are in the Help file.) WindowSync is the script you want.

Lumigraphics_0-1635795736717.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumagraphics who post here a has a new script that allows for a second sync copy of Bridge on a second monitor.

Other spanning two monitors the workspace UI, yes you are out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use dual displays every day on Windows 10 and it works on my Mac setup as well. I wrote a replacement for the old "New Synchronized Window" command so a second window works decently too, no worse than a single window.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just chanced upon this old thread and thought I would recount my experience.

I am using Windows 10 with Bridge 2021, dual (identical) monitors and a Quadro RTX card.

I don't seem to have any issue in spreading out Bridge over two monitors. I just dragged out the window over two monitors, created panels where I wanted them etc. I have a large Preview panel on one monitor and my other panels on the other. All works fine! I saved the workspace I had created and it can be reopened anytime without a problem.

This appears to negate your concerns unless I am misunderstanding what you are wanting to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this only works with identical monitors (or at least identical resolutions).  If you want to use multiple monitors with varying resolution, there is no solution.  I would like to have my "content" on my 42" 4k monitor, so I can see tons of thumbnails at once, but I'd like to be able to click on a thumbnail and see it full size on the 2k monitor I have set up for color.  Unfortunately, Adobe doesn't seem to think this is a useful feature in 2021, when EVERYONE has multiple monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not correct. I use Bridge daily and often with a window on each of two displays. Don't try to drag one window across two screens on either Mac or Windows. Just open a second window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But are the windows synchronized? What digabtye is saying (to me) is that the functinality should be synchronized, not 2 separate windows. Thumbnails on one monitor, preview screen on 2nd monitor so that when a thumbnail is selected on monitor 1 it previews on monitor 2. This is the desired behavior I've wanted since the beggining of this app but doesn't seem a priority to Adobe. It's bizarre to me that this basic functionality is so overlooked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a script which gives me synchronized windows but I rarely use it. I use two windows when I need to copy files from one location to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumigraphics script is excellent and works perfectly with full synchronisation of the windows. The two windows don't even have to be set to the same workspace so you can have different panels showing in each if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Download the Utility Script Pack and move the entire folder into Bridge Scripts (directions are in the Help file.) WindowSync is the script you want.

Lumigraphics_0-1635795736717.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tracked it down and loaded it after reading the previous comments. 😄 Thank you for the work & the value add. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WindowSync by Lumigraphics seemed just what I was looking for - I followed instructions, but initially only enabled the WindowSync and found no scripts then appeared under Tools > Utility Script Pack.  I then enabled all the scripts, restarted Bridge and found that most of the scripts do appear under Tools > Utility Script Pack BUT WindowSync (and Utility Pack Preferences Panel) do not appear (see screen shots).  Incidentally I also found "Utility Script Pack Help" appearing greyed out in the Help menu.  

I'm using Bridge 2022 on a Macbook Pro with macOS Monterey 12.0.1.  The external monitor (in extended mode) shows up OK under System Preferences > Displays and I can move other windows to it without any problem.

I'd be very grateful to get advice on getting WindowSync to function.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You access WindowSync by selecting "New Synchronized Window" from the Window menu.

The preferences panel is in Bridge Preferences. Scroll down.

I'm not sure how Utility Script Pack Help would be greyed out, I add it but don't have any code that would disable it. You can access the Help file from the preference panel plus its a standalone file on my Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was quick! - many thanks @Lumigraphics - it's working 100% (not that it matters, but even the help item is not greyed out)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, your script for synchronised window works RLY well. But one question is how do i save my workspace so when I open bridge so i can select the workspace that make it so the content area is open on one screen and the preview on the other screen.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My script is an add-on, there isn't a way to automatically open a second synchronized window. Unless Adobe adds that feature you'll just have to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lumigraphics - have been using ypour synchronised windows script - worked excellently - however, following macOS update to Monterey 12.5 the synchronisation seems broken ... - if that's so (and it's not some other gremlin) then I'm hoping you might be able to update the script ...

best regards, Werner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll test it but there shouldn't be any issues with Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me on 12.5, both Intel and M1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics thank you!  I tried again yesterday without success and today on seeing your message I thought I'd give it one more try before uninstalling and re-installing Bridge - and it IS working - I'm at a complete loss to explain ... thanks for your trouble!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is wonky on the M1. I just got an M1 mini and everything except Bridge is working great. Hopefully the new version will fix those issues and not cause a bunch of new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics Thank you!  it worked fine on Monterey 12.3 - also I should have indicated Bridge is v. 12.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently available  beta version of Bridge claims to offer multiple monitor support. I haven't tried it out yet. Could be what you want. No idea when this feature may be available for general release so don't hold your breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but apparently not synchronized window support. The beta AFAIK adds floating palettes and multiple content tabs, I'm guessing similar to Photoshop. However, scripting support is still not fully implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OlyaFoto,
The upcoming version of Bridge has this feature. You can now create workspaces spreading across multiple monitors. For eg. with Preview Panel on the second monitor, you can select the files in the Content Panel on the first monitor and view the larger sized preview in the Preview Panel on the second monitor.
If you want to try it out, install the Beta version of Bridge. Details below.
How to access the Beta build
What's new in the Bridge Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines