Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Editing in Camera Raw frequently crashes while performing simple tasks

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Bridge suddenly crashing while I'm editing Camera RAW files. It almost always happens when I use the keyboard shortcut to zoom the view in or out (+ / -). The whole program just crashes and shuts down. There are no recovered files available. Sometimes changing the view with keyboard shortcuts works with no problem, and then other times there's just a sudden crash. As a longtime Adobe user it's really hard to get out of the habit of using these keyboard shortcuts, and I shouldn't have to avoid them anyway. Anyone else having this issue? Between this and all the problems with the new PS, I'm losing my mind here!

Problem is consistent on both Bridge 2020 and 2021. I'm on a new Mac running Catalina.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Erin,

Just out of curiosity, where these images on an external drive or the Desktop?

Unless your applications were given specific permission (by you) to work with files in those locations, there will be issues. This is Apple's way of protecting us.

If you haven't already done so, please check/try this:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

gary_sc_0-1608312193387.png

gary_sc_1-1608312193389.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response and suggestion. Unfortunately I granted access and restarted and this did not fix the problem, so I removed the access. Even if it had worked, I'd have some serious concerns over why I would need to authorize Adobe to access to my emails and documents in order to have working software!

I still randomly get crashes when I try to zoom in or out on my view using keyboard shortcuts. To answer your question, the files are saved on the desktop, not an external drive.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And where in the fine print does it say this?

I'd have some serious concerns over why I would need to authorize Adobe to access to my emails and documents in order to have working software!

Blame Apple, don't blame Adobe. They are the ones with file access permisions issues.

Its your machine you can do what you want.

But don't make baseless accusation's on what Adobe does or does not do.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines