• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EMF and WMF preview/thumbnails in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very large archive of EMF and WMF files and searching through them is a real pain because Bridge doesn't show any preview/thumbnail of this kind of file. Only a generic icon is shown.

Illustrator handles these files very well, opening and saving them without any trouble.

Is there a way to obtain a Bridge update that will show these images?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Honestly ...... probably not.

Very limited use of such files will not be a motivation for Adobe to add such a feature.

If it does not make money, marketing will not spend the money.

There are many features people want "waiting for pigs to start flying"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly ...... probably not.

Very limited use of such files will not be a motivation for Adobe to add such a feature.

If it does not make money, marketing will not spend the money.

There are many features people want "waiting for pigs to start flying"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... a software that has as a solely purpose to help organize VISUALLY all your graphic files, is not showing thumbnails of two categories of files? 

I'm a huge fan of Adobe products and I really would like to use ONLY Adobe apps, but in this case I'm forced to use something else, instead of Bridge, because of this, and I don't like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating for me either. I really think that the application should be able to envision it's packages export types. And that's really not flying pigs, thats fundamental. Big letdown at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! If you have a file type in your import/export list, Bridge SHALL show the thumbnail of those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked as Solved?! Windows dropped the preview of these files for security reasons, according to Microsoft. I would like to be able to view these files in Bridge, too, as I have a massive clipart collection to peruse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you ask MS why they continue not to support previews. 

I just thought of one solution (on the fly), and I am guessing at this because I've never dealt with either EMF or WMF images (I'm a Mac guy). But if you can open them in an app, can you create copies in another format and use those copies for preview purposes? They do not even need to be full-sized images (for storage size issues, just copies of the images. 

Again, that's just a suggestion/thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure it is a workaround, not a solution, but ... I have a very huge collection of these files, in different locations. Opening them one by one and converting to a, let's say low-resolution JPG file, with the same name, just to be able to see what's inside it's a pain in the ass. Even if I could use a script to do it massively on some more-crowded folders, it's a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines