• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message when attempting to use Image Processor in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated Photoshop and Bridge to the newest versions last week. 

I tried to use Image Processor in Bridge to resize a batch of JPG files and got an error message telling me to update Bridge to the newest version. I thought I already had the newest version but I guess there was a security update in the last few days, so I updated it again. 

I then tried to do the same action of opening images with Image Processor in Bridge but this time got an error message to "Update to the newest version of Photoshop". 

I checked the Adobe CC program for Photoshop updates and refreshed it, however I don't see any newer version. Both Photoshop and Bridge show "Up to date" on the program tab. 

How can I get Image Processor to work?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

This may sound read strange, but in which order did you install Bridge and Photoshop?

Photoshop installs the script for Image Processor into Bridge, IF Bridge is there when PS is installed. If you install PS first, PS cannot install the script into Bridge.

Anyhow, to fix this, uninstall both Bridge and PS, then reinstall Bridge first and PS 2nd. Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound read strange, but in which order did you install Bridge and Photoshop?

Photoshop installs the script for Image Processor into Bridge, IF Bridge is there when PS is installed. If you install PS first, PS cannot install the script into Bridge.

Anyhow, to fix this, uninstall both Bridge and PS, then reinstall Bridge first and PS 2nd. Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I uninstall, will I lose my presets in Photoshop/Favorites tab in Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not lose those presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question, I don't remember which I updated first the other day... but when I encountered this error today it just told me to update Bridge again so that's what I did, as there was no other update available for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled both and reinstalled Bridge then Photoshop. It seems to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Christopher27479960vw29, and I assume you did not lose your Presets as I'm sure you would have told me if you did. Delighted to hear all worked out well.

It would help others if you marked my original answer as "Correct Answer." That way, when searching, it will pop up and help others. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have run into the same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled as you said to do but with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines