• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Panel in Bridge 2020 - Transparency is Shown as Black Instead of White

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a PSD file into a JPG from the Export Panel, I get the transparency replaced with black instead of the usual white background. I don't see an option for this in the export panel or presets. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 10.48.29 PM.png

 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG files cannot have transparency. PNG, TIFF, and PSD do support transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstand, the original PSD files I am trying to convert have transparency. I want them to be exported as JPGs with a white background. Instead, I'm getting a black background. If I simply save as JPG, the background is converted to whatever color is your background color in Photoshop. Usually, I have it set to white. I have an action that does this but I would like the Export panel in Bridge to do it because it is much faster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pixelneeds,

Not sure how you are exporting from Bridge (you do not mention the process you are using), but if you use the Tools (menu) -> Photoshop -> Image Processor... you can utilize any actions you may have made.

Does this work for you?

2020-07-15_09-52-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I like the Export panel in Bridge because I can right-click and choose an export preset quickly. I need to export a few images at a time and I find the export panel is lightning fast. Except for the black background problem. Also, I'm not sure how to make the action so that it saves as a JPG in it's current location.  

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 1.01.04 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the result I'm getting, just tested it and the JPEG has a white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a photoshop file with lots of transparency? The use case is product shots that need a white background but need to be in certain dimensions. The files I'm using are sRGB, and high res with layer masks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to test with PSD files, thanks. It worked for me, and my JPEG Miniexport script also worked as expected. I'm a product photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. Lumigraphics. I am a product photographer as well.

It must be some sort of glitch. It's not the end of the world but it would be nice if it worked properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines