• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Panel missing in Bridge CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to ahve an Export Panel in Bridge CC which I used to export several RAW or PSD photos to JEPG, with the upgrade to CC it's gone. How am I supposed to export several photos to JPEG? One by one in Photoshop? Really?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

The way I create JPGs from Bridge is to use “Image Processor.”  Select all of the images in Bridge that you want to export (convert to JPEGs and output).  Then go to the Tools menu and select Photoshop and Image Processor.  Photoshop will open and present you with a dialog box that allows you to save the images in several different formats (JPEGs, PSD, or TIFF or all three at once), JPEG quality, resized or not resized, color profile changed to sRGB or left the way they were, etc.  Just select t

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, now Bridge is a useless piece of sh*t!. I used the export panel to create thumbnails for clients from my collections, how the hell i´ll do that now?. Ain´t gonna buy that Lightroom shit only for that function, gonna download a pirate copy. Stupid Adobe cripling their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been looking for the Export panel in Bridge CC.

I have a customer who wants to sort photos, assign metadata to images and then upload them to Flickr.

I know that they could use Lightroom - but even I find the interface of that application daunting - so I'm searching for as simple a solution as possible.

Watching this video  - Upload images to Facebook, Flickr, and Photoshop.com from Adobe Bridge - YouTube -  demonstrates perfectly how easy it was to achieve the above task using Adobe Bridge CS5.

I don't recall receiving any market research survey from Adobe asking whether I used the Export panel in Bridge, or whether I would miss it if they were to remove it.

Given that Adobe have already made the Output module/panel available as a separate Bridge CC plug-in, surely it wouldn't take too long for their engineers to create an Export panel plug-in too!?

Or am I expecting too much for the monthly fee that Adobe happily take from me for my Creative Cloud subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek -

My take is that Adobe is pushing Lightroom to be the main editing tool before  you jump to Photoshop and back to Lightroom.

Lightroom has an Export tool so you will have to go through the learning curve, for import, develop and export. I think that from Lightroom you can upload to Flicker.

For my self I use Bridge to "get the images from the camera" and for the initial ratings. The reason is that Lightroom does not allow you to copy images

only to move or remove them. It  also has a different hierarchy structure between the  folders.

Bridge is by far easier to navigate between folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonbeth -

Thanks for your response.

I've used Lightroom, and yes, it can upload directly to Flickr. However - as I mentioned in my original reply - I'm looking for a simpler solution for my client.

Many replies in this thread seem to focus on Photoshop vs Lightroom for editing images.

I'm not interested in that argument.

When Bridge was introduced into Adobe Creative Suite, it was described as the "glue" that bound all their apps together.

Given that a sites like Flickr and Facebook can accept video files as well as still images, the removal of the Export panel from Bridge seems an even odder decision for Adobe to make.

Yes, I'm aware that I could export video files via Adobe Media Encoder directly to Flickr, but doesn't that just double my workload?

I want to be able to select and upload a variety of content created with, or enhanced using, Adobe Creative Cloud software to third party websites in as few steps as possible.

The Export panel in Bridge provided this solution, but Adobe has taken it away from us.

Let's hope that they see the error of their ways, and reinstate it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek

I feel your sorrow.

Like I said it is Adobe way to push Lightroom at the expense of

bridge.

It would have been nice if there was a way to navigate from Bridge

to Lightroom and back, so there is a circle - Bridge, LR and PS.

Jonathan

jbremodeling.weebly.com <http://jbremodeling.weebly.com>

Jonathanbeth.weebly.com <http://Jonathanbeth.weebly.com>

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 4:21 AM, DerekDigital <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just started using Bridge CC. Have been using Lightroom but it's very slow to import. Bridge is much faster. However, not haveing the functionality to export like you can in Lightroom is a total bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of this thread, there is a line that claims that there are 68 replies to the original post regarding the absence of the Bridge Export function.  the last post recorded was Sept 13, 2015.  However between 9/15 and 6/30 there are no posts recorded.  What is interesting is that I have received in email since June 30th 10 posts that have not been recorded in this thread.

It seems that the admin of this thread has been kept busy removing posts he/she doesn't like.  Does Adobe management know about this?

Please restore the Export function to Adobe Bridge.

Take a look at this thread:  

Bridge: Restore Export Panel In Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping for trouble. This was a good feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got Bridge as I was hoping to limit the number of different programs I have to use to do what I need to do. I need the ability to rename and resize numbers of images. Batch renaming still works, but there is no way to batch resize. The export feature is gone. I can't use the Tools Image processor option as I don't have Photoshop, so all in all pretty useless for me.

Does Adobe really think removing features is progress? Back to my previous couple of programs that I used to use - not Adobe until this is fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the fix that I got after chatting with their Customer Support.

(14:13:10) megupta said to you:

Can we reset Bridge Preferences?

(14:13:23) You said to megupta:

sure

(14:14:36) megupta said to you:

Can you click on Bridge Icon with Alt+Ctrl+Shift key

then it runs perfectly

and it solves my problem and it appears again Tool>Photoshop>Image Processor...

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Bridge Icon is it meant to click? I tried and it didn't work.
Bridge has been working fine until today when after restart Tool>Photoshop>Image Processor has just disappeared. How to get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the dock

here...

They said it is corrupted preference so u need to reset it by

click on Bridge Icon with Alt+Ctrl+Shift key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having to work in Bridge CS6. I was hoping that CC 2017 might reinstall the export feature but my hopes are dashed. As a business we cant use Lightroom. The catalogue system doesn't work for our business model and image processor locks up photoshop wasting hours of production time.

It wasn't perfect and needed alot more development but it worked and was extremely useful. You could cue conversions, continue to use Bridge and Photoshop while it worked in the background.

Its a shame Adobe are obviously focusing on the hobbiest market because no professional photographer has time to sit and stare at a screen when processing 1000s of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cannot believe that they haven't put the Export Panel back into Bridge 2017. It was the easiest way and most efficient (for me) to export many pictures at once. PLEASE ABODE, bring back the Export panel!!!!  I don't want to have to open up Photoshop or Lightroom, it's a PITA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but solved as I will stay with my CS6 ( Photoshop & Bridge ) . But in General.. to me the elimination of the export panel is a unfriendly act from the AdoBe strategy... I feel that everything they do now is only for there're optimization of profit. I'm looking for other solutions.. and as I'm teacher I'll try to find other solutions for my student's too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a perfect solution but I discovered a pretty good workflow that gets me by...

1. Select all the images that you want to export

2. Hit the camera raw icon

3. Select all the images in the left pane of camera raw

4. Click the Save Image button In the lower left.

You'll be presented with a window that does a lot of what the old export-to-disk plugin did, including resizing, stripping meta data, etc.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw Save Image option is extremely slow though (when you're dealing with 100s of 40Mb RAW images).  The CS6 Export to Hard Drive feature used the background-generated previews when you were exporting to certain lower resolutions thus taking seconds to create a ton of web-quality JPGs instead of a few minutes per image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any adjustment for resolution....  fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image processor is a complete joke. It lacks the most basic feature - resizing constrained and long side ...

Completely useless, can not understand how Adobe folks can miss something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed

I want to add my voice to this as well -I've just got CC after having had CS6 for years and am on the verge of uninstalling the new one and cancelling my subscription

Lightroom and its catalogues is just too cumbersome and unusable

It seems that many of us just need a simple 'Export to Hard Drive' option

Come on Adobe, look after your customers before you start losing them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help me. I use the export panel to regularly activate an action in Photoshop from Bridge. In older versions i would have various actions saved for watermarking etc.

Adobe please stop removing features, and bring this back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very old thread but want to add another vote for Adobe to bring back the export function in Bridge. Very frustrating that such a useful tool was removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The October Update still shows no sign of this being re installed our a replacement. All those saying Image Processor or Raw is a better solution really dont understand how much time and workflow this saved. It wasnt perfect but it worked and allowed you to multi task and maximise your time. Converting a finished wedding while contining to work through another set or using photoshop at the same time. None of which you can do with Image Processor or Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now export has stopped working as off the 31st Oct 17 on CS6 with zero comment from Adobe. There is an akward work around seen here,

Bridge CS6 Export Panel has stopped working overnight

This is ridiculous. If I bought a camera and one of the modes stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working now (2018), also the Image Processor is no more in Bridge. Any useful solution for quick exporting in Bridge ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines