• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export shared cache failed after Bridge consumes 90GB of RAM

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very interested in the new shared cache feature in bridge as this could save our studio a lot of time.

I wanted to test this out so I pointed Bridge to a folder with a single wedding's worth of Canon RAW files and let it export the cache to a shared network drive.

I noticed that as it chugged along, Bridge kept using more and more RAM.  After about eight hours, OSX had to pause the program because Bridge was using 90GB of RAM and I had complete ran out of swap space on my system drive.

I'm not sure how we're supposed to use this feature if I can't successfully export cache for a single wedding, much less for a season's worth of weddings, without it bringing my Late 2013 Mac Pro to its knees.

Has anyone else been testing this feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my testing, it doesn't help much. Bridge is a dog with a large number of files and the cache isn't making it any faster. YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now I see in the support documentation that you have to manually re-export the cache every time there are changes or additions to the cached volume.

My word, this has to be the most useless feature in Adobe's history.  I had such high hopes for this.  It looks great on paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Please refer to the latest documentation on working with Bridge shared cache Work with shared and centrally managed Bridge cache

This addresses some useful user scenarios  when assets are shared over a network without having to generate cache on each machine\user.

Since the shared cache is located at the server , hence depending on the size of the files , a certain small percentage of disk space will also be used by the cache generated.

Also, we are working on adding more use cases to this feature for future versions of Bridge.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines