Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting keyword metadata from specific files

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know that you can export/import the entire keyword list you have in Bridge, and it goes to a text file

But what I would like to do is to assign certain keywords to an image file, then be able to export those assigned keywords to a text file. So, I need to export ONLY the relevant keywords that are assigned a certain image,  thus creating a unique text file that has the kewords for that image. Is there a way to do this? I assume that the assigned keywords become a part of metadata with the file somehow. Any other way to get this information in text format? 

Thanks!

Gabi

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are programs like exifeditor, that I think can do this. I'm not sure if Lightroom can. The other option is writing a script that can export the data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The most common Bridge script methods that I know of can be found here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2016/08/extracting-metadata-to-csv.html

These options are CSV based. The output may need to be manipulated in a text editor using find/replace or a regular expression find/replace if you need a specific format. Or the script would need to be edited to provide the required format.

Using ExifTool, one could export only the keyword/subject metadata to .csv using the following command:

exiftool -subject -csv '/Users/loggedinusername/Desktop/input file or folder' > '/Users/loggedinusername/Desktop/keyword textfile.csv'

Or to a tab-delimited text file:

exiftool -subject -txt '/Users/loggedinusername/Desktop/input file or folder' > '/Users/loggedinusername/Desktop/keyword textfile.txt'

The above code is for Mac OS, Windows OS users would change the 'single quotes' to "double quotes" and use the appropriate file system path syntax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines