• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fail, and closes

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe program suddenly reports an error, and shuts down, in the middle of it all, and the same error comes back constantly, shortly after startup.My program is fully updated
TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program?

What version?

What OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge, Version 11.0.2 newly updated.
Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, have you tried rebuilding Bridge's preferences?

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

If that doens't work than there's something wrong either with your instillation which would require uninstalling Bridge and then re-installing, and/or there's something wrong with your computer that needs some maintenance. There are thousands upon thousands of folks out there who have what you have who are not having this problem which leads me to not suspect Bridge for this. (There are plenty of other things to blame on Bridge but this is not one.)

Let us know how it goes,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just started having the same problem.  v12.0.2 on Win 10.  Bridge starts, I see it 'sorting' my photos, and then it unceremoniously closes.  Was hoping there was a log file or something I could parse through to help deterimine what is happening.  Is there one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info as I try to get this working.

I did a CAS during startup of Bridge and did cache clear and the issue remained.

I did a CAS during startup of Bridge and cleared everything (all three check boxes).  This kind of worked but re-exposed an issue I had many years ago - all of the files on my NAS drive had a padlock icon on them and could not be viewed.  Dang!  How did I fix that?  I remember finding it on a non-Adobe web page, but my luck was not with me.  So, while the app did not crash, it was not useful.

Next was an uninstall and reinstall.  Luckily, I still have my trusty Bridge CS6 (5.0.2.4 x64), so during installation it asked if I wanted to copy over the previous version settings.  Yes!  I start up v12.0.2 and while the pictures start appearing without the padlock icon (what is that setting to fix this???) the app shut down again during picture thumbnail refinement.

Bridge CS6 works like a champ.  Stays open and does not show the padlock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even more info.  I speculated it may be a corrupt image file.  I created a JPG, HEIC, and CR2 folders and then moved the matching filetypes into the appropriate folder.

Start up Bridge v12.0.2.  JPG folder.  No problem.  HEIC folder.  No problem.  And by 'No problem' I mean that I am monitoring the CPU usage of Bridge as it loads and caches the files.  You can see it doing the 2 or 3 passes of each picture as they gain some detail and the CPU usage is roughly 20-50%.  Then the caching is complete an the CPU usage drops to about 0% and I can use Bridge as expected without it closing.

Open the CR2 folder.  It's churning through the cache and then I get a dialog box stating an error occurred and asking if I wanted to report it.  Yes I do!  BUT... as I'm reading through the options of what to send to Adobe, Bridge shuts down and the error reporting dialog box disappears, too. 

I re-open Bridge and go to the CR2 folder, this time Bridge shuts down without an option to report a bug.

I re-open Bridge and go to the CR2 folder, this time it completes its caching and everything is fine.

Hmmm, seems like Bridge is crashing during the CR2 caching.  It is not a particular file, but just a matter of the bug rearing its head and shutting down the app.  If it can get though the files and generate the thumbnail caches, then it won't crash.  Memory leak?

So, I want to report this bug with the dialog box, so I create a different folder with CR2 files so that Bridge will recreate the thumbnails.  Two crashes without the opportunity to report the bug.  And then on the third attempt, it was able to process the thumbnails and it is happy.

So, I'll try to get to the bug report dialog box a few more times, but I've already spent hours on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines