• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

file cut no longer enabled in Bridge 2020

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Bridge 2020 on Macbook Pro High Sierra.

It seems File Cut (Apple+X) is permanently disabled in Bridge 2020.  Does anyone know why this is?  Maybe it is mirroring the behaviour of Mac Finder? Irritating.

This feature was working in Bridge CS5

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AshSangaki,

Funny, I've used Bridge since v. 1 and I've never used that approach. I just tried it and you are correct, it doesn't work. Then I opened Bridge 2018 and it didn't work there as well. What was ammusing was that the option of "cut" was in the contextual menu and that didn't work either!

When I want to move a file from one folder to another I just have a Bridge window for both folders open and drag the file(s) from one "Content" Panel to the other.

That is what you're trying to do, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary

That's correct.  I end up using drag and drop but cut/paste is oftentimes faster for me as I can use the go back button to change back to the directory I want to move the files to and paste.

The cut/paste functionality worked well in Bridge CS5....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, well CS5 was a long time ago.

Apparently that capability has been removed. Suggest you go over to User Voice for Bridge 

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

Sorry and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Mac didn't use file cut/copy for a long time, I suspect it was added to appease Windows switchers. Even when I'm using Windows ity doesn't occur to me to cut/paste and I never use it on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines