• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File organising script

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have (through my own laziness) created too many "dump" folders of images and I'd like to organise them into a series of subfolders ("0-1", "2-3", "4-5"... "A-B", "C-D", "E-F"...) obviously doing this manually will take an age as there are several thousand images to sort and file away. I have found that going View>Sort>filename doesn't always group filenames as expected, slowing me down further.

I'm a total novice when it comes to scripting, which seems like the most logical approach at this point, can anyone offer up any help?

Thanks in advace.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Boolean searches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, will give it a go now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would a system based App/Program be a solution to you at once?
Comparing files in a way that even pixels are compared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would you have in mind?

For reference, each group of folders are organised by broad subjects (e.g. Gaming, D&D, nature, freelance, etc)

So it would have to tell the difference between, a gaming console/in-game screenshot and a photo of some woodland for example.

So far the boolean searches have vastly improved my sorting speed, having sorted approximately 4,000 images in about an hour, maybe hour and a half. So thanks for reminding me about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Benji,

sorry I failed thinking deeper into that!
I try to sort my files. Boolean search is just one of my tools I have in mind.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines