• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File sorting and UI change in Bridge 13

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish folders or filenames starting with "_" didn't get sorted below filenames that start with numbers in the latest version of Bridge 13? It didn't do that in earlier versions.

Also, wish there weren't divider lines between the file names in list view?

TOPICS
Feature request , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when copying files, the transfer window delays continuing work until it is finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also seeing that here w/ Windows 10. I agree it's not the way files and folders are supposed to sort. Let's hope it's not a new normal and someone's "better" idea ....

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the version 13.0.0.562, the sort file is messed up.

If I took file's name 1 to 10, the sort will be inverse when I move the file into the other files in the same folder.

This is really unproductive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to test what you're describing but don't quite understand what you're doing to create the problem. Are the file names "1,2,3,4, etc.." and what file are you moving into what other files in the same folder. Sorry my ol' brain isn't understanding ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for my explaination.

Here an example :

I have those files :

image_A.jpg

image_B.jpg

image_C.jpg

image_D.jpg

image_E.jpg

And then I select files C, D and E. And move them before the file A. Then the sort of the files was C,D,E but after the moving, it become E,D,C :

image_E.jpg

image_D.jpg

image_C.jpg

image_A.jpg

image_B.jpg

The sort change when I move the file, and if I move again E, D, C after B it will come back to C, D, E order.

Is it more clear?

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see it now (on Windows10 version). That's pretty crazy! I think Bridge 13 will indeed live up to it's #13 name .... so many things working badly and changes that break a worflow that was not broken.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russell,

Yes on windows 10 version, you're right, Bridge 13 wear well his name 🙂 I hope they will correct that and they know there is that problem. Do they read this blog?

thanks 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're completely right, that's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorting has always been one of those Computer Sci things that can be done multiple ways. Excel does it different than Finder or Windows Explorer.

For example:

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a10.jpg

a20.jpg

a100.jpg

OR

a1.jpg

a10.jpg

a100.jpg

a2.jpg

a20.jpg

a3.jpg

You might think the first is correct but then:

a1.jpg

a1a.jpg

a10.jpg

a10a.jpg

a2.jpg

a2a.jpg

a2a2.jpg

Do you go character by character or try to parse the values? What about letters mixed in? Now consider these are Unicode filenames and not old-fashioned ASCII and it gets much more tricky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you mean, and it is a good question, but the problem I see since the new version, is the ascending/descending file order change with each move of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along those lines, file names with "•" are now moved to the end of the line, when they used to be toward the beginning, which is why I did that. If this is a new change which is here to stay, it will pose a problem with many years of my file-naming.

I'm on an iMac, using OS 12.6. This change in Bridge 13 file sorting is (to my knowledge) inconsistent with all other Mac file sorting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue and this is messing my complete folder and file structure 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many of the issues reported in the thread are fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks i installed the update now and the issue is fixed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for me 🙂

Everything works 🙂

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines