• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Types

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just uploaded a batch of photos from various cameras using the latest versions of Bridge. All the the photos have the .NEF suffix, and are decribed as camera RAW images, even those from my wife's Panasonic cameras, which do not shoot RAW! What is going on?!

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the photos from camera to computer? What version of Bridge and operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos imported via "Get photos" routine in Bridge v10 Windows 10. SOme of the photos say JPEG in the metadata but the extension is.NEF not .jpeg. Others say they are Camera RAW but aren't. (I have gone back and checked in camera with the Nikon). THe shots I did take in RAW open in Adobe Camera RAW foe editing, whereas the ones which are wrong open directly in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the Photo Downloader, its buggy. Just copy them over from the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.  I will use the card reader in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually certaing Panansonic cameras do shoot NEF files.

Example:

LUMIX ZS80 20.3MP Digital Camera

You may want to check the settings in her camera. Just saying ..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked before I posted. The Panasonic does not shoot RAW. In any event .NEF is a NIkon extension, I believe Panasonic is different. ALso with the Nikon used for some the shots you can check the format on the camera screen - they were definitely shot as jpeg. For some of the shots the metadata says JPEG file, but the extension says .NEF. If I open in photoshop they open directly into PS, whereas "genuine" .NEF files open in Adobe Camera RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines