• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files in Bridge lost

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several of my file folders from 2021 are missing in Bridge. I cannot remember there names but do know the subject matter. I have tried searching many times and am not able to dind them. I have tried by date and year.

Files now found. I know they are not deleted.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC? Can you locate them outside of Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC,and no I cannot locate them out of Bridge either. There are probably over 500 lost images from several different file folders. Sorry about the above, files still mot found by any methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What actions did you take between the time you had the folders and the time they were gone? Bridge is just a file browser, you have to explicitly delete files (the same as in File Explorer) for them to be moved to the Recycle Bin.

You might try an undelete utility to see what is on your hard drive. Also, check to see if any cloud service like Dropbox might be involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I have done is set up 2 backup drives. That was on 12-29-2021. The files and the folders were made in October and November of the same year. They are both incremental backup drives. The folders and files ane not in my trash can and ther is nothing in my Dropbox. I am stumped. Thank you for trying to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TURN OFF DROPBOX. That's the problem, I'm betting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox not on, have not used it in years. There is nothing in the Dropbox file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't deliberately delete the files than what did? Bridge doesn't just delete things. So something on your computer did so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand what you are saying and appreciate your help. I have no answers. I am manually going through 40,000+ images and file folders one by one to tryt to find them.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines