• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder thumbnails are extremely small. is there a way tochange this?

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on Windows 10 and Bridge is version 8.0.1.282

the media files show well. but the folders are tiny, with no preview of the files within them, and this makes bridge less easy to use than the regular file explorer.

is there a fix?

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iris,

There is a slider in the status bar (bottom right) to increase the size — it will increase both the thumbnails and the folders.

To see the items in the folders, you can either open a folder or go to View > Show Items from Subfolders. This is a toggle, so you can turn it back off again.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Jane,

however, as you can see in the photo that i have attached, the slider is up, the media thumbnails are large but the folder thumbnails remain small.

maybe on Mac its different but Im on PC.

As for the "show items from subfolders", it isnt what i meant (although its a very useful feature!) what i meant was that, like in windows explorer, when u look at a folder thumbnails u can see previews of the files within it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder thumbs do not change size, and Bridge doesn't have a folder preview or custom icon feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your feedback on folders.

We will definitely  review this for future versions of Adobe Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhishek.Seth  wrote

We will definitely  review this for future versions of Adobe Bridge.

I am positive it used to be a feature in earlier versions of Adobe Bridge. While it is under review, can you explore the ability to adjust the size of the folders separately from the files? Because that kind of fine tuning would be amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will be great,

and here is a photo demonstrating what i wish it would look like: (the same as in windows explorer, so one can see briefly what the folders include)

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't find that helpful on either platform. The preview is always random and depends on what formats can be read and have a preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it highly useful and I'll explain how i started using it, to help me sort through my folders.

i have many folders containing transitions. but whenever i had to look at them, i had to read the text to see what each folder contains, which was annoying. and you are right about windows choosing the preview files randomly, so at first it is totally useless, such as in this photo:

Capture.JPG

having a visual representation would have been much simpler and thats what i wanted.

i tried changing the folder icon picture itself but this doesnt work well at all in windows 10.

so what i did what create a special jpg in each folder that would function as a preview, and to force windows to display that jpg i stuck all other files in a subfolder.

so yeah that took a little bit of work but its extremely easy on the eyes now and i instantly recognize which folder contains which transitions. having the ability to see this display in Bridge too would be something very useful, and quite in accord with what bridge isset to offer a visual design professional

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We will review this requirement for future versions of Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, would like this feature, and it would make my workflow a bit easier and speed things up a little bit every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like this feature as well. ACDSEE shows folder previews and its easier for me quickly see what may be in that folder at a glance without having to enter it. This is useful for sets of photos from a single photoshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should have been address years ago. It is why I don't use bridge unless I am on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really frustrates me that Bridge doesn't have this option! I love seeing the preview of what's in my folders. It's the number one reason I don't use Bridge as much as I want to, and when I do have I have to use Bridge and Windows file explorer to find what I am looking for. Please please please add this feature to Bridge!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abhishek.Seth PLEASE make this feature happen. It's basically my deciding factor of whether I use Bridge or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody seen pigs flying yet??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah no the anser from adobe is not correct. On one PC i have the folders taking up a large part of the grid and on my other one its the grid with lots of negative space and teeny tine little folder.. so there is some setting or view off... any fix to this? it is very visually annoying..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really need this to be a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This matter is not solved . 

its really big problem.  so much needed for my work flow .i have thumbnails changed so i can recognize the content faster but so tiny in bridge compared to others 

q.JPGqw.JPGss.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019: Adobe: "Great suggestion, we'll definitely review for future versions of Bridge!"

2021:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution: do not use bridge, use SageThumbs

I used Bridge for a long time, only to see the PSD thumbnails, cuz Adobe removed the support to see the psds in windows x,/7/8/10 for some reason....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines