• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hanging when accessing external drives

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 12.0.2.252 continually hangs up for extended periods of time when accessing external drives often forceing a force quit.  I am running Monterey 12.5.1 on an iMac, maxed out with RAM. 

Of interest is that Mac Finder can easily access files on any hard drive.  This has been going on for some time.  I have uninstalled  and reinstalled Bridge, cleared cache, etc...nothing seems to help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skip,

You didn't mention but please let us know if you've done this:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it; it will now appear in that window; make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1662053885490.png

gary_sc_1-1662053885490.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Gary, I upgraded to the latest vesrion of PS and Bridge. Also upgraded to solid state external drives formatted for Mac. Brige recognises the drive but not the indiviual files on it. Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...Yes I have done that.  I did look to make sure but yes it is set for clearance.  Creative Cloud was not though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An example of what happens.  Just now I was scrolling througha folder on an external drive.  As soon as I click on a particular (any) thumbnail I get he spinning ball of death for at least a minute. and under the selected file it will read no file selected.  IF it doesn't crash.

I just now finished a disk repair on one drive but there were no errors reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines