• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEIC files are blurry when I hit spacebar to preview them in Windows 10

Explorer ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my workflow in Bridge is to simply hit spacebar then go through all of my photos either deleting them or rating them, but for any HEIC files from my phone the quality is really low and they look really blurry.

I've tried going Preferences -> Advanced and making sure 'Generate monitor-size previews' is checked and I've purged the cache but they're still the same as before. I do have the Windows 10 HEIC codecs installed and they open fine in Windows 10 Photos.

Any suggestions please?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing that issue here.

Try clearing your folder cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking, I have cleared the cache folder but when they regenerate they're back to being blurry and low quality again 😞

I noticed another user having a similar problem here Bridge - Camera Raw - Heic & Hevc Issues - Adobe Support Community - 11918371

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling you do not have the correct extension installed.

Why are my HEIC files low resolution? - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, really appreciate your help but unfortunately I already have that extension installed. I'll see if I can somehow uninstall and re-install but I can't find the option for some reason 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your verwsion of windows higher then this level?

Windows 10 version 17763.0 or higher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the two versions I ahve installed.2021-05-31_16-52-44 heif 2.jpg2021-05-31_16-51-42 heif ext.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've just checked and apparently I'm on 19042 so should be okay there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for looking into this and helping me, how do you see which extensions are installed please? I couldn't find that section, nor in the Microsoft Store. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STUPID SOLUTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on OSX! The dumbest thing about it is only the first thumbnail appears sharp, the rest are blurry. And if I resort thumbnails, then whichever one displays first appears sharp. And the original photo that was sharp is now blurry. So it has nothing to do with the actual files, it's clearly a bug in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One desperate workaround is to open all of your photos in Camera Raw to review. But this is absolutely infuriating Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines