• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Importing Photo Images Only

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently Bridge has begun importing anything it sees on the hard drive.  I would like to see only photo images, like .jpg,, .tiff, and png, any thing to do with photography or video.   I don't know how to set up a way to request this on the software. (Now,  I'm getting a lot of odd file types along with the photos...like .cxf and .webp.) Any help sincerely appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanhodo,

BRIDGE doesn't import anything, it shows what it sees. If you "open" a folder that has Word, PDFs, jpgs, gifs, Excel documents, etc. it will show you each of them becuase that's what it does. Think of Bridge as an enhanced viewer of folders beyond what either Finder or Explorer can do becuase of the intigration of other Adobe Products and features that it has built into it.

One thing you could do is to Sort the items by type, at least this would group them all together:

2020-10-13_12-20-56.png

You can take this one step further and give every image a "Label" or "Rating" and then Filter by that Label or Rating. Once having done that all you will see are the images in a folder that containes other items.

However, because Bridge is what it is, if you want to only look at images without these other steps, try moving all of your images into separate folders.

Sorry, best we can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Gary.   What you suggest is very helpful.

On another subject....when I connect my phone hoping to download pictures into Bridge, the phone is recognized but I get the message "No valid files found."  That's surprising, I think.  The photo downloader feature looks good but doesn't work for me. Any suggestions on this issue, should you wish to help out here.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, I do not have a solution for you I've been having the same issue.

I can suggest two ways around that. I mention these because I haven't tried to access my images from my computer via USB cord in AGES so I was unaware of the issue. It's been years since I did conect to download images so I have no idea when the problem showed up.

Method #1: use Dropbox. If you have a Dropbox account, open it on your phone, and in the bottom middle you'll see a plus "+" just follow the logical process steps and you'll be find.

Method #2: if you have a Lightroom account (and I'm talking Lightroom, besides Lightroom Classic), you can have LR Mobile have access to your phones images and you can automatically send those images off to Lightroom Desktop to work/play with.

I wish I had something better to say but I do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have dropbox but have been using the Airdrop connection (it's a Mac feature) to move the pictures into my Downloads folder and from there to the desktop and then into Bridge.  That's a nuisance, but it saves my having to plug into the desktop to get the transfer done.  There may be other ways but that 4-step method usually works for me, the hangup coming on the Adobe Bridge side of the equation.  I appreciate your inputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh thank you, I forgot about airdrop. Yes that's a good 3rd option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines