• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP: keywords panel restored to default

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new machine and made the mistake of assuming my keywords panel was synced to preferences stored in Adobe Cloud. After doing some research it seemns that is not the case. Either that or my recent update to Bridge 2021 (v11.01.109) seems to have eliminated years-worth of my hierarchical keyword cataloging. My old machine was a work laptop and has since been wiped, so restoring the .xml file seems out of the question but I attached a screenshot of what's in my Adobe Bridge Application Support folders.

Fortunatley, the keywords are still tagged in the metadata of each photo, so I'm hoping there might be a workaround. Maybe there's a way to export the data into a list that I can re-import to Bridge? I don't even know where to begin, this sucks. 

Any and all suggestions would be welcome. Thanks everyone. 

TOPICS
Keywords , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Select all of your keyworded files and convert each keyword to persistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2016/11/bridge-restoring-lost-keyword-xml-file.html

On the Mac OS, the location of the Adobe Bridge Keywords.xml will be similar to:

/Users/loggedinusername/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC 2015/Adobe Bridge Keywords.xml

Mac users should simply replace “loggedinusername” and “Bridge CC 2015” with the appropriate user name and version of Bridge.

On MS Windows, the path to the Adobe Bridge Keywords.xml will be similar to:

C:\Users\Loggedinusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge CC 2015\Adobe Bridge Keywords.xml

MS Windows users should replace the “Loggedinusername” and “Bridge CC 2015” with the appropriate user name and version of Bridge. It should be noted that the AppData directory may be a hidden folder for some users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all of your keyworded files and convert each keyword to persistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total lifesaver there. Thanks for the quick fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To make a keyword persistent, right click it and choose Make Persistent from the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines