Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Keywords that come and go...

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, if someone can PLEASE help!

I've added all sorts of keywords, tag photos with them and then my Macbook burnt out. After having it fixed and installing bridge again, there were no keywords there of course, but then I accessed the Photos and when I click them the keywords reappear like nothing happened.

The problem is: when I shut Bridge down, they dissapear all over again and when I open it goes back to not having any keywords at all and I need to click on photos with the keywords for them to appear again and they stay there until I shut Bridge down again.

How can I make the stay?? Can anyone help? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Hi Fred,

Try playing with the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the Bridge window and see if that solves your problem. The issue is that Bridge needs to be IN a given folder to search in that folder. If you open an image from one folder, you can see the keywords used in that folder, not the rest of the folders that have images contained therein. It is a limitation of Bridge but not Spotlight.

2021-01-23_13-41-40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Hi Fred,

I think this video might help, I think it goes over the keyword process very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoXNNTWYXI

Best,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Fred,

Um, where are you seeing these keywords come and go? Normally one would look and see them from within Bridge but if Bridge is closed, that's not an option. So where are you seeing them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gari,

When I open Bridge there ano keywords. Then say I clik on a photo and the keyword reappears "black and white" let's say. it then stays there, no problem, I can change folders, do what I want ant it will be there. Until I close Bridge. Then when I reopen Bridge there will be no keywords listed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred,

Try playing with the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the Bridge window and see if that solves your problem. The issue is that Bridge needs to be IN a given folder to search in that folder. If you open an image from one folder, you can see the keywords used in that folder, not the rest of the folders that have images contained therein. It is a limitation of Bridge but not Spotlight.

2021-01-23_13-41-40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gari.

Yes, this solves 50% of the problem. Now Bridge finds the photos I need by keyword.

But the other part no, which is: adding keywords to new imported photos. The keyword list remains empty in this case, unless I spend 10 mins clicking on photos that I know have the keywords I will need, then they will be there for me to click on and add to new photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred,

I think this video might help, I think it goes over the keyword process very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoXNNTWYXI

Best,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your attention on this issue. Your link sent me on to some follow on videos and the most simple and easy solution to my issue: "RIGHT-CLICK" - "Make Persistent"!

Problem solved!

Thanks,

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines