Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide default Custom Info Panels in Bridge

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created a custom file info panel and it works fine in Bridge.

However, it's confusing for my users to see all the other default panels. We don't need to see them as I've incorporated all IPTC, IPTCExtension etc fields I need into my own panel in the "view.xml" file.

Is there a way to hide the default ones. I don't see any preferences anywhere, so thinking maybe I change a line or two in an xml file somewhere?

thanks for any help

TOPICS
Metadata , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MetadaMonster,

I'm not a scripter so I can't help you from that regard but can't you create a Workspace that only shows your Panel?

If nothing else you can include instructions on how your users could do it. It's pretty simple to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

My issue is actually within the file info popup window. Select a thumnail...File menu -->FileInfo...and then all the "tabs" on the left side of that popup window. My custom panels show up, but so do all the default ones that we don't want to see.

As you mentioned, yes, I can hide my custom panels in the "Metadata Panel" that's visible in the main user interface. Did that through preferences-->metadata....and unchecked the boxes to hide panels. But that doesn't get rid of them in the FileInfo popup.

We can't really use the "Metadata Panel" in the main user interface for too much because it doesn't have dropdown menus for metadata values that the fileInfo popup has. Those always revert to text only fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines