• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import star ratings from Lightroom to Bridge

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will run down the workflow I need to use first to make the issue clear.

1) I open the folder of Raw files in Bridge and add the metadata (copyright description etc) that will be read by the site when they're uploaded.

2) All the images in Bridge get a star rating (1=mistake, 2=maybe, 3=To be processed)

3) Open Lightroom and import all the 3 star images to be processed.

4) Once all the 3 star images are processed in LR, they are edited further, and all those going on the website get a 4 star rating.

My problem is that the images upgraded to 4 stars in LR, are still showing in Bridge as having 3 stars. I want to change the star ratings in Bridge to reflect the updates in LR. That way if one of the designers opens the folder in Bridge to browse for certain files, they will know which ones made the edit and got processed fully in LR and maybe edited further in PS. I tried to manually change the necessary images in Bridge to 4 stars, but that created those 4 star images in LR to gain an exclamation mark on them warning there is a conflict in the metadata. If I click on the exclamation mark and "import from disk", then I lose all the processing I did in LR. 

Is there a way to batch import or automatically import just the updated 4 star rating from LR to Bridge without losing any of the work I did in LR or PS? !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

What happens if you:

1) Lr Metadata menu > Save Metadata to File

save-metadata.jpg

Or perhaps automate this by:

2) Lr Catalague Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes into XMP

catalogue-xmp-metadata.jpg

You may also need to purge the Bridge cache for the selected image or folder (Tools > Cache > Purge Cache for…).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you:

1) Lr Metadata menu > Save Metadata to File

save-metadata.jpg

Or perhaps automate this by:

2) Lr Catalague Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes into XMP

catalogue-xmp-metadata.jpg

You may also need to purge the Bridge cache for the selected image or folder (Tools > Cache > Purge Cache for…).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked perfectly, thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines