• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How is it helpful that "9" (a mistyped CTRL-9) will take me to the 9th image in a folder of 250?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how is it helpful that Bridge has keyboard number 1 through 9 and short cuts to go through images 1 through 9 of the current folder in current sorting?

Meaning, the purpose of Bridge is to go through your shots and rate or label them.  A shoot often has 250 to 1500 shots.  If you mistype CTRL-9 to label an image as just 9 (CTRL doesn't click) you LOOSE YOUR PLACE in the current view, and annoyingly go to image 9 out of the 250.

WHEN was it ever helpful to have shortcuts for images 1 through 9 as numbers 1 through 9?  WHO ever had a photo shoot with only ten images say, and needed a shortcut to go to image 5 instead of just clicking the image?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, exactly how are you doing that?

If you have the Command key active (it doesn't have to be. If you wish to go number solo, you can turn the Command key need off in the Preferences (under the Lable tab). 

I've just tried and tried again and I cannot replicate what you're experiencing. When I press either "9" or Command-9, I get the  Blue label (aka Review).

Before I suggest some ideas on how to fix this, can you please be very specific as to what you're doing and what's happening?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines