• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Batch Resize (to inches) in CS6 Bridge?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have folders of image files that I want to resize & send to people for their printing.  I've found that resizing to 4"x6"x300Res seems to be less confusing for many people who receive my images.  I know how to batch resize in Photoshop's image processor, but inches isn't an option provided for the resized images.  I haven't been able to figure out how to batch resize in Bridge or to express output dimensions as inches in Photoshop.  This is a major problem for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Ok, let's look at logic. You have Resize to Fit in Image Processor. 4 inches multiplied by 300 are 1200 pixels, right? 6 inches multiplied by 300 are 1800 pixels. You can use that numbers. Another question is what is current resolution of your images? If images have different resolution then you need simple action to change resolution during batch process.

There are a couple of other options: Image Processor Pro should have inches, try to download and install it from here Scripts Page Another opt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let's look at logic. You have Resize to Fit in Image Processor. 4 inches multiplied by 300 are 1200 pixels, right? 6 inches multiplied by 300 are 1800 pixels. You can use that numbers. Another question is what is current resolution of your images? If images have different resolution then you need simple action to change resolution during batch process.

There are a couple of other options: Image Processor Pro should have inches, try to download and install it from here Scripts Page Another option is to record action which you can play during batch process in Image Processor.

If you cannot record action then I can do that for you and post it here. Information that I need:

What orientation are your images? They are all landscape, portrait or mixed?

I will guess that your images already have proportions 4x6, otherwise you will need to crop them manually or to look for some alternative of simple action.

What is current resolution, do images need change in resolution or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your solution.  I especially appreciate learning about Dr Brown's scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this simple concept of multiplication that seemed rather daunting of trying to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines