• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix keywords, ratings and labels not working with Bridge 2019 update?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I updated to Bridge 2019 and since then I have not been able to apply keywords, ratings or labels to image files.

(I can only apply keywords if I open individual files in photoshop - defeating the main purpose for my team using Bridge in the first place).

I am currently working with files on a network, which has not been an issue in the past.

This issue does not extend to local files, but moving all assets from a network to a local location is not an option.

I am still able to apply ratings and labels to folders, just not images.

I have tried rolling back to a previous version and removing all my preferences when doing so, however now when I try to use older versions, I am encountering the same issue. (have tried both 2017 and 2018 versions, note: both these versions have been used with files on a network in the past and not encountered any issue)

I have also tried restoring to factory settings, without success.

This issue is effecting everyone in my team who has updated, but no anyone who hasn't so this is not a system issue.

I am thinking maybe when I am trying to roll back to an older version, that even though I am removing all my preferences, that something is being left behind that is interfering with this functionality?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Adobe does not support working across a network. SO you may or may not have issues from time to time. This particular problem is a bug in Camera RAW and Adobe is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not support working across a network. SO you may or may not have issues from time to time. This particular problem is a bug in Camera RAW and Adobe is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having the same problem, and this really hurts me.

I process a lot of images from customers, and so need to push through lots of photos quickly.

Like lots of Adobe customers, I keep my media on network-attached storage.

This allows for more-professional device management, as well as facilitated a better cloud back up system.

So we really need to have the function we've had ever since we bought Adobe CS (aka CS1), which is to apply ratings and labels across a LAN.

When can we expect a fix to be pushed to production?

thank you,

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue here was caused by the most recent version of Camera Raw that came with Bridge. This is why rolling back to a previous version didn't fix my problem (older versions were still using the new camera raw).

To fix this I installed an older version of Camera Raw (11.1) from this link and the problem was solved:

Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines