• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Geotag / Geolocate a photo in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to batch Geotag photos in Bridge.

Sometimes I use a GPS device on my camera (Bad Elf) which correctly inserts the latitude and longitude into the EXIF data.

I need to be able to Geotag other photos taken without the Bad Elf attached.

I have successfully used a 3rd party service Geotag Photos Online , but its not appropriate or practical to upload and download large numbers of photos, I'd prefer to use a local tool.

Is there any plugin or tool out there to achieve this?

TOPICS
How to , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

You might wish to give the following a try, it is a GUI for ExifTool that has Geotagging features built-in:

pyExifToolGUI ​(Mac OS and MS Win)

or

GeoSetter ​(MS Win)

EDIT: Where will you get the GPS data from? What format will it be in? Decimal or Deg/Min/Sec + N(S)/E(W)? Do you require altitude too?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure there are other options such as ExifTool and who knows, perhaps Bridge can be scripted to offer this as well! Can you post an image that contains the Bad Elf metadata?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC_9213.jpg

This is an example of a photo with the GPS data, as shot. From the Bad Elf GPS device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might wish to give the following a try, it is a GUI for ExifTool that has Geotagging features built-in:

pyExifToolGUI ​(Mac OS and MS Win)

or

GeoSetter ​(MS Win)

EDIT: Where will you get the GPS data from? What format will it be in? Decimal or Deg/Min/Sec + N(S)/E(W)? Do you require altitude too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Stephen, GeoSetter is perfect.

The search field in Geosetter allows an address to be entered, this sets the map-pin focus, then one click applies the location to all photos in a folder. And one more click saves them all, its very easy and intuitive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you are happy, the ExifTool CLI route would probably have been considered “less than user friendly” :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, I've been looking for something since google Picasa was removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I forgot to mention the obvious GPS metadata panel (only three fields are editable):

GPS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, if you still need a good solution for geotagging photos there is now this new website who allows you to do it for free, there is also a paid plan if you need to do it on lot of photos : Geotag Seo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This newly announced Bridge extension for geotagging looks interesting. The main drawback is that you have to get a personal Google Cloud API key but apparantly, there is a free monthly quota.

Bridge 2021 MapView 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen it, but it seems like a lot of work with Google API to use their maps, unless you're the kind of person that knows what they're doing with those things. Besides, that billing amount (upwards of $300) kinda scares me...

Besides, this extension is not packaged or signed, and can only be used in debug mode within Adobe Bridge (again, not for everyone).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been browsing the Adobe Support Community and I stumbled upon your post.

Have you found a fix yet? If not, I might have one for you. I am actually surprised why more people don't know about it.

There is a wonderful and easy to use extension that uses GPX files (no, you can't add locations manually), but if you're using your phone, or a dedicated GPS device to collect location data, it works wonderfully.

More info at this link:
https://www.yktravelphoto.com/blog/scripts-and-automation/geotagging-in-adobe-bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and of course there is the Map Module in Lightroom Classic where you can place images on a map, no typing required.

Metadata can then be exported to the files themselves.

I am not a big user or fan of Lightroom but this feature is invaluable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed! I wish Adobe would implement such feautre within Bridge too, even if it is somehow just a part of Camera RAW and behind a paywall (Bridge is free to use for everyone).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not used this, but (a) I've heard good things about it, and (b) I use Houdahspot for file searching on my Mac and would not be without it (so I know the company can produce great products). Also, the company is very responsive to requests and questions.

https://www.houdah.com/houdahGeo/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines