• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to label a picture on bridge?

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ì've just updated to the last bridge correction (13.0.1).

It is still impossible to put a color label on a picture.

I've been using brige for decades and I DO NEED this simple feature : to label pictures.

Can anyone help me with this new version?

PS the problem happens on all the Mac I have around me.

Thanks

Mac book pro M1x+  monterey+12.3.1

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @olivierMG 

A couple of questions:

Where are the files located (Desktop, external drive, where)?

When you say you can't do this on all of the Macs around you, are all of these Macs using the same OS, the same version of Bridge, etc? Are there ANY differences between them?

Do you have Bridge's preferences set to use Command + (number key) or just (number key)? Are you expecting it to be one or the other option?

Please be aware that when I was on Monterey (12.6) or just started with Ventura, I've had no issues with labeling files. In other words, I cannot replicate your issue, so we need to find out what might be causing your issue on your computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Please find answers to your questions.

Where are the files located (Desktop, external drive, where)? No matter where they are located it is impossible to label them from keyboards.

When you say you can't do this on all of the Macs around you, are all of these Macs using the same OS, the same version of Bridge, etc? It happens ONLY with the new bridge version (13). Are there ANY differences between them? yes they are all differents and the ALL can't label from keyboard. you need to right click and find label and pick up the color.

Do you have Bridge's preferences set to use Command + (number key) or just (number key)? Are you expecting it to be one or the other option? I tried the command options or not. it doesn't change anything.

Please be aware that when I was on Monterey (12.6) or just started with Ventura, I've had no issues with labeling files. In other words, I cannot replicate your issue, so we need to find out what might be causing your issue on your computers.

I don't want to go to ventura beacause I don't want to had more mess I already have with this new bridge.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @olivierMG 

I suspect that your issue is not Bridge, but Apple.

This is not the fault of Adobe or anyone; this is Apple making sure that applications that have not been given permission to access areas of your computer cannot access those areas of your computer.

[Note: if you are using Ventura, the look of this has changed. But what I show below is sufficient for you to figure out what you need to do.] Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, and select it; it will now appear in that window, and make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

As far as Ventura or Monterey: updating your OS will not fix this, so stay where your comfortable. 

gary_sc_0-1669647808215.png

gary_sc_1-1669647808216.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gary and thank you for soending so much time.

I did exactly the process you suggest.

I got to this window (then restart computer of course)...but still it doesn't work.

On the on the other and I plug a very old keyboard and it works if I use the 6 key from the numeric keypad.

I guess I wil have to cary this big keyboard along my macbookpro if I want to be abble to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, a non-US keyboard. Of course. I am aware that non-US keyboards have issues with "special" keys (such as the "`" key to quickly switch to the Light Table Workspace), but I was unaware that the number keys could be an issue. Personally, I think that this might be a bug. 

Hopefully, adobe's engineers see this as there should be no reason for regular number keys not to be working for Labels. (While obviously not as convenient, you can also label keys by right-clicking and selecting the desired label.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you .

Yes you're right it is a BIG bug that adobe only pay attention to US keyboard. I don't think that the "tab" or "6" key are special touch.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines