• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make previews of CC library assets appear larger in Bridge?

Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have files in my CC libraries, sized according to how large they need to be in my documents. The logos are about 1" x 2" in height.

While this example is of a logo, some of my other vector graphics are much more complicted, like flow charts. I did find that I can make the thumbnails larger by enlarging the artwork. For example, if I take a 5" graphic, and scale it up 10x, the thumbnail here in Bridge enlarges sufficiently.

But short of resizing my artwork for the sole purpose of making the thumbnail larger, how can I enlarge these thumbnails inBridge?

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 11.08.29 AM.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Hi Document Geek.

Sorry but Bridge can only show items up to 100% of their pixel dimensions. If your logos are made in Illustrator, they will show at 72 ppi so your 1" x 2" logo will be 72 x 144 pixels which in modern high resolution monitors is tiny.

About the only thing I can think of is that you make pairs of your logos so you have a big one to see in Bridge followed by the real size, followed by the next big one, followed by the real size.

Yeah, a bit of a PIA but Bridge has no enlarge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge has a slider at the bottom. 

Open Preference settings > Thumbnails.  Are you using thumbnail  generation or preview generation?  If you use Previews, you can go to Advanced tab and set monitor sized Previews.  Restart Bridge for changes to take effect.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my preferences screen. I don't see anything in here about Monitor sized previews.

The slider at the bottom affects the thumbnails inthe Content panel, but not in the Preview panel.

Also, that slider seems to be built into the Content panel, and even when I move the Library panel down to the bottom, that slider is missing.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 7.18.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 7.26.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Advanced >  (see screenshot).

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, that is ONLY up to the resolution of the item. If your image is 100 px x 100 px. it will still only show in Bridge 100 x 100 pixels. If your image is 6000 x 3000 it will take more time and the storage size of that image to generate the (in my case a 5K iMac) 5120 x 2880. And if I had set the 100 x 100 pxl image to monitor sized previews it would still show up in Bridge at 100 x 100 pixels.

The monitor sized previews are only valuable for the person who's willing to sacrifice a lot of speed and space for the high-end previews. Most people do not need this in Bridge because Bridge is only a "viewer" as opposed to the "final say" in what an image looks like. For that, they go to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@gary_sc,

I thought that might be the case.  My images are mostly 300 ppi and sufficient size for viewing thumbnails in Bridge or Win File Explorer.   Thanks for clarifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Document Geek.

Sorry but Bridge can only show items up to 100% of their pixel dimensions. If your logos are made in Illustrator, they will show at 72 ppi so your 1" x 2" logo will be 72 x 144 pixels which in modern high resolution monitors is tiny.

About the only thing I can think of is that you make pairs of your logos so you have a big one to see in Bridge followed by the real size, followed by the next big one, followed by the real size.

Yeah, a bit of a PIA but Bridge has no enlargement capabilities built into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines