• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the thumbnails scrollbar not jump back to the top after deleting files

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Filmstrip view, there is a pane that shows thumbnails of every file and photo in the current folder. There is a scrollbar at the bottom of this pane. Whenever I delete any file, the scrollbar automatically jumps all the way back to the begining (left).

How can I make it stop doing this? I need the scrollbar to remain where it was. Since I have to scroll, often a long ways, and then find and recognize the place where I just was, this feature makes it nearly impossible to cull photos using Bridge for any folder with more than a few files in it.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug that should be fixed at some point in a future release. No, I do not have any information about when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully. Until it does get fixed, it's unuseable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is still occuring for me on the latest version of Bridge. I shoot a lot of corporate headshots and everytime I do a batch rename In the thumbnail pane, it jumps to the top of the list and I have to scroll back down to find my place. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch Rename is a whole different animal. Depending on how you sort, yes it can and will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should I sort to prevent this? I currently sort by date created, not by name, so I don't se why it would jump to the top each time. I am renaming 4-6 files at a time out of 100s of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list of files gets rebuilt when you rename or delete. That's why the display jumps. There isn't a way around this that I am aware of. And no, I have no idea why they do this, its stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could it not rebuild? If the names were changed, they'd have to start from scratch because the names are no different than when they were first ordered.

However, I do think I came up with one option to not have major jumps on the screen: Go into the LightTable workspace to try and limit any jumping of the screen. The files themselves may redistribute, but the whole screen would not be flipping around.

Either that or move any group of files into a new folder and rename. Then, when you go back to your original folder, it should not have bounced back to the top. Then, take the next batch of images, move them into the same new folder (they should still be selected), rename them, wash, rinse, & repeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You think that since Bridge changed the files, it could just update the list.

This is really bad when working with large folders. I have been doing metadata operations on a 90,000+ files at once and renmaing one file wipes out the whole list and Bridge starts over. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines