• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to preview psd files in Bridge?

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Bridge is not able to preview any psd (psdt) files.

Is this a bug or do I have to activate the preview in the settings?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge cannot preview PSDT files. Why, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

psdt do not embed a thumbnail preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a bummer. I have hundreds of psdt files which I can´t preview. There is no other way round than open every single file in Photoshop in hope to find the right one? No way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if Directory OPUS will open them.

Get a trail version.

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/

This question came up in 2018.

A FR was supposedly made, but looks like it was never implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessicaw,

What is your OS?

I just tried this on my Mac (Mojave OS) and the thumbnail shows up just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding Opus, I need to preview the files within Bridge, this is not the same.

My OS is Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the extension to .PSD and purge cache, Bridge will show the thumbnail preview. Change it back and again purge cache, no preview. This is presumably a hard-coded limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

I understand the frustration many of you might be facing when trying to view .psdt files, especially when dealing with a large Adobe Stock library. Unfortunately, Windows doesn't provide a built-in option to display thumbnails for .psdt files, making it challenging to quickly identify and select the right file without opening each one in Photoshop.

I've discovered a workaround that can make your life a bit easier, especially if you have a well-organized structure of parent and subfolders for your files. Follow these steps:

1. Create a Text Document:

• Navigate to the parent folder (e.g., "Mockups").
    • Create a new text document and open it with a text editor.
  2. Paste the Following Code: (from @echo to .pause)

@echo off setlocal enabledelayedexpansion set "sourceFolder=%~dp0" set "targetExtension=.psd" set "currentExtension=.psdt" for /r "%sourceFolder%" %%f in ("*%currentExtension%") do ( set "filename=%%~nf" ren "%%f" "!filename!%targetExtension%" ) echo File extension change complete. pause
  3. Save and Rename:

• Save the file and rename it to "anything.bat" (ensure it has the .bat extension).
  4. Execute the Batch File:

• Double-click the batch file you just created.
    • This will automatically convert every .psdt file to .psd within the specified folder and its subfolders.

Now, you should be able to see the converted files in Bridge, making it much more convenient to browse and select the right files without opening each one in Photoshop.

Note: The batch file specifically targets .psdt files, so it won't interfere with other file extensions in your folders, such as JPEG or other resources.

I hope this helps streamline your workflow. Let me know if you have any questions or encounter any issues.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines