• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to print image from Bridge without creating PDF?

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I print a picture from Bridge without having to create a PDF?

I just want something quick and dirty. I have been creating screen captures but then have to round up the files and delete.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not support printing. Use a different program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is a needed feature!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you thought about using the Contact Sheet option under the Tools menu?

2024-04-16_10-30-09.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I print from Bridges "Output" which creates a PDF which is what I want to get away from. I don't want to save something in order to print it, just drop a menu and choose "print".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that I could make a contact sheet.... but EVERY OTHER PROGRAM, just has a simple print button.  It would be very nice to just have that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, every program has a Print option except Microsoft Updater, (or, let me add to that every updater application), HoudahSpot, Grammarly, SilverFast (scanning software), Topaz Photo, Slack, Adobe Creative Cloud app, Xencelabs, I could go on, but yes, it's not EVERY application out there. 

To get what you'd want, you'd have to program in the dynamics of what the image is. Bridge is a browser, not an image application. It lets YOU see the image, but it still does not know fully what the image is. That is actually more of an undertaking than I think you realize. Consider that Adobe Camera Raw, an image application (of sorts), cannot print. And the reverse of this is also true: Photoshop cannot open a raw image. However, you can open a raw image in ACR, send that off to Photoshop, and Print! Likewise, you can select an image you wish to print in Bridge, send that off to Photoshop, and Print! So, Photoshop can do everything you want. Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your positive attitude towards improving the software and helping people get their work done easier.  You have successfully crushed the dreams of children around the world!!

So you vote "No".

Thats fine.

I vote "Yes" --  I'd like to see that feature in the program.

all the best to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Heck yeah!  I keep trying to get DeWalt to modify my claw hammer so I can use it to paint the house I'm building.  

Haven't had any luck so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines