• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to screw up renumbering in Bridge CC

Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I just learned I could stack the hundreds of jpegs created accidentally when in video mode on the Nikon Z7, when shutter is pressed instead of the record button.  I thought that was pretty neat I could play at various speeds.  But then today I did my renumbering according to my system, using Bridge rename.  I start off with the last number in my database for a camera, eg 3026352, and then renumber.  But then I realized the stacked ones didn't so number. I opened and they had numbers with no relation to the first in the stack.  In the whole day folder, they had numbers starting with 0, up to over 500.  So I opened all the stacks and now sorting by number would be wrong if I wanted to keep the order, so I sorted by date.  I thought that went well and thought it didn't matter if I did all the rest of the folders by date instead of filename.  But then, after I did 10 more day folders, and started to move all to a single folder before going onto the other stages of metadata extraction and such, I realized now all the movie files were out of order and in the first folder, all at the end, with the highest numbers.  This is because, I FORGOT that Bridge almost never gives the right date or time to movie folders.  In this case, they were given the date of 11/25, instead of 11/24.  In the next same date but hours different from the shots adjacent.  Other times it will be years ago, like 2017 for ones taken in 2020.  So now there is no way to keep the true desired order, because when an Adobe tech recently reinstalled CC Bridge, I didn't notice that 'preserve previous filename was unchecked, when I tried to restore other preferences.  

TOPICS
Batch , Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now as I try to paste in the right dates at least, another CC Bridge bug.  All the videos have icons, instead of thumbs, so I can't see what they are to easily tell what day they were shot.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I wasn't shooting cranes in the middle of the night and no they camera isn't set with wrong dates and times.  These would be between single shots if the filenames weren't overwritten.  Taken on the 12th, like others in the day folder.buggy bridge.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I finally get to the next stage of applying species names to the renumbered files.  After a few dozen, batch rename doesn't work any more.  The names remain unchanged.  After waiting a long time, I try purging the caste and trying again.  No help.  Try to close Bridge, and it won't close.  Have to go to task manager to close and reopen.  Then after a few more renamed, the next batch won't change.  I finally give up on the bug-ridden, poorly designed CC version and go to CS6 where all the videos with be.  Now I can rename videos and jpegs. But to rename the RAW files, I will have to go back to CC, and put the same species names that I couldn't do in CC alone. Just another way that CC multiplies my time spent by a factor of more than 4 over earlier versions.  How it can be legal to take forced money for this bug-ridden program is beyond my understanding, but I guess enough people accept and don't complain nor care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines