• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to see description field in Metadata in full

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm just starting to use Bridge 2023 on my Mac (OS Monterey 12.6) and am working on captioning pictures int he Metadata fields. Does anyone know why the Description field does not show the whole field like the keywords does. It makes editing the information very difficult as it's all on one line. See attached. I'd really like to know how to fix this. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Unless you must use IPTC IIM, use the IPTC Core fields instead. The description will wrap and Core preferred over IPTC IIM. 

gregreser_0-1667145155366.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you must use IPTC IIM, use the IPTC Core fields instead. The description will wrap and Core preferred over IPTC IIM. 

gregreser_0-1667145155366.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you as ever Greg. That works for the description field. I only use the IPTC IIM as I also have to fill out and be able to view: Categories - Supplemental Categories, Transmission reference and Urgency for my Metadata to be compatible with uploading to my agency so that pictures are accepted. All that information could be in the IPTC IIM section, even though I have to use Photo Mechanic to drop in the Categories and Supplemental Categories as I can't do that in Adobe Bridge. It's a complication, but I don't think there's a way around it! Thank you. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still a bug that IIM the description field doesn't expand to show all the text.

I'm also not sure why Bridge doesn't allow IIM Categories and Supplemental Categories to be edited. I know IPTC deprecated them, but they also say that they can be synchronized with the IPTC Core XMP properties “photoshop:Category” and “photoshop:SupplementalCategories”. I would think Bridge could support editing and synchronizing these just as Photo Mechanic does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only Greg! It would save me a whole extra element of my workflow which you'd think Adobe would be interested in keeping within the Adobe family as opposed to users who need this functionality to have to 'go elsewhere' to Photo Mechanic.Any idea where / how I could request this to Adobe? Cheers for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines