• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transfer multiple downloads from my download folder on my Mac Pro to Bridge on my Mac pro?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I transfer multiple download photos from my Mac Download folder to Bridge on my Mac Pro?

So far I can only transfer the photos one at a time?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not transfer files TO Bridge, rather you open a folder of images within Bridge to view them. Then, simply, Bridge displays the files in that folder. 

Here's often what I do: I have a folder of images. I mouse-down on one of those images and drag it onto the Bridge icon in the Dock. Then Bridge will open showing all of the files (images and not-images) in that folder.

If these files are in your Download folder, the easiest thing to first select List to view your files. Then sort the files in your Download folder by "Kind" heading. Now look for file types (such as "JPG image"). Finally, you can drag all of these files into a new folder that you create that you give an appropriate name for.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this doen't help.  I have used bridge for years and understand the simple reply but I am trying to download photos from my iPhone into bridge.  It was suggested to down load the photos into downloads on my mac and then transfer them into bridge.  It doesn't work.

This might clarifyt the problem.

Thanks for trying to help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me pfing, but you didn't say that. You said "How do I transfer multiple download photos from my Mac Download folder to Bridge on my Mac Pro?"

I was ansering THAT question.

Now what I know what you're doing, I'll give you three options:

1) Inside Bridge you have the Photo Downloader. Plug your iPhone into your computer. Start up PD. Note that sometimes it doesn't want to see your iPhone so you may have to unplug and replug your phone in. At that point you can download all of your images at once. This is probably the fastest way because you're going through a direct connection.

2) If you have DropBox, you can go into DropBox on your phone, when the screen opens up you'll see a "+" in the middle on the bottom with the text "Create" below it. A popup sheet will come from the bottom giving you the option to Upload Photos. The rest is pretty straightforward.

3) If you have Lightroom Desktop on your computer and if you have Lightroom Mobile on your phone, give LM permission to access your Photos application. Then all of your images on your iPhone will be accessible in LM and these can be Synced with LRD on your computer. 

Please, when asking a question, if you provide the information of what you're doing, it helps everyone. I hope I've helped you here.

Please let me know which one you chose to use and did it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines