• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't understand the non intuitive reject files

Advocate ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Trash in Bridge in infuriatingly broken.

I had never understood the reject files option. What is the keystroke to do that, and where to the reject files go????

Can I make a folder myself and control that. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

They don't go anywhere. Bridge marks them as "rejected" and doesn't show them in its normal view. View->Show Reject Files will reveal them in Bridge.

And stop with the hyperbole. Hidden is not absurd, its well understood. A hidden file is not shown in a normal view, you usually have to specifically turn on a setting to see hidden files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard shortcut for Reject is Option/Alt + Delete/Backspace. To find what's IN that selection (it's not moved, simply marked by Bridge), you'd look in the Filters panel, and you'd see a "Reject" option in there.

To move them most easily - make a folder using your Folder panel, and then use the Thumbnails panel to select your Rejected items, and move them into the correct folder in the Folder panel. Any moves you make in Bridge, automatically convert to your operating system, so those images will literally MOVE to that new section.

Be careful, if you're moving to a different volume (Drive) on your computer, the files will copy, instead of move. If the new folder's on the same volume, they'll just leave their original placement, and go into the folder you made.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks S, is there a video this non- intuitive method? Very hard to follow.

Of course, where are these rejected files going? Can I just go into the Mac finder for them?

Have you noticed deleted files from Bridge no longer go to the trash, they just vanish from the computer? I'm 15 years on Bridge, this one is a doozey.

Ah.. They may delay by 24 hours to reach the trash, I'm noticing now... just as egregious. Bridge sadism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rejected files don't go anywhere, they are just hidden. View menu, you can show Rejects.

How do you think Trash is broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lum, where are they on in the finder?

Do they eventually get deleted.. What does hidden mean. Absurd.

Explained trash issue in other thread. There is  some freaky new delay, awful ... delete and used to go immediately to trash, not weird delay go there next day... Very bad Bridge flaw, new. Have not seen this for last 15 years been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't go anywhere. Bridge marks them as "rejected" and doesn't show them in its normal view. View->Show Reject Files will reveal them in Bridge.

And stop with the hyperbole. Hidden is not absurd, its well understood. A hidden file is not shown in a normal view, you usually have to specifically turn on a setting to see hidden files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS LUM, ok did test, just have to change habits, more proper way to do it. I 've been deleting to trash, how just reject, make a folder called rejects and drag them to that when done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines