• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

? I have four different Bridge CC Cache folders in my library (Mac). One is them is taking up 85 GB is space. WHY???

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? I have four different Bridge CC Cache folders in my library (Mac). One is them is taking up 85 GB in disk space. WHY???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianm21220719,

Thank you for reporting the issue which you are facing.

To further look into the problem, could you please share a screenshot of the different cache folders and the one  which is taking 85gb?

Thanks,

Varun Varshney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two pics: 1st shows 4 bridge folders including 3 for CC and the cache info for Bridge CC 2017 and the 84.96 GB. 2nd screen shows where it is on my HD.

thnx!!

brian

85 gb???.png

where is bridge CC cache.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, mixed that up. Bridge CC shows 84.96 and says last opened on 5/13/16. CC 17 shows 2.06 GB and last opened on 3/8/18.

b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So delete the old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to be helpful, that response isn't. Of course, I will delete them. How to do so would be more helpful (drag [what: the cache folder itself or everything that's in it, or use preferences to clean it up, except that you can't open Bridge CC, or CC 17, only CC 19, etc.] to trash and empty, versus uninstall the earlier versions: all versus which one(s)?), but the response also doesn't answer the question of how/why this happened. I would like to know, and I certainly think Adobe should know and would want to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that not helpful? I just advised you as to what you should do. Its cache files, they can be deleted. Almost everything you do on a computer is cached somewhere on disk. It happened because that's how computers work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

You can delete the cache folder under Bridge CC and Bridge CC 2017 folder, it is not being used in the latest version of Bridge CC 2019 that you are using, it would free up your disk space.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines