• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I unsubscribe from the Photography Plan, will Bridge still work?

Participant ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to financial woes, I must unsubscribe from all my software subscriptions.

I understand Bridge is free with an Adobe account. But is Bridge part of the Photography Plan and will I have to re-install it after unsubscribing? Or will my previous installation still continue to work? Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Photonic,

Gosh, I'm terribly sorry about your situation. I'm very sorry for you. 

Look, just about everyone who looks through these forums is just a user, like your self, so I cannot do any administrative details for you. (Just so you know.) 

As far as the state of Bridge when you cancel your subscription, why not take it one step at a time: Cancel and see if Bridge works? If it works as expected then you are good to go. But if it doesn't, than simply reinstall. 

However, be aware, that once you do not have access to Photoshop plan, you will not have access to the adjustments. Also, I am truly not sure about what you will see in files that you have adjusted in ACR. I can say that any raw files (or DNGs) will not be visible to you. But if you've made adjustments to (say) any jpgs, you will only see the original files, you will not see any adjustments. Simply, Bridge without the rest of the package is only a file browser with limited extra functionality. 

I do hope your financial situation improves very soon, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary. A couple of questions:

"...As far as the state of Bridge when you cancel your subscription, why not take it one step at a time: Cancel and see if Bridge works? If it works as expected then you are good to go. But if it doesn't, than simply reinstall." 

If I have to reinstall, will my preferences and keywords be brought over from the previous installation?

"I can say that any raw files (or DNGs) will not be visible to you."

So, all my camera's RAW files (not adjusted in ACR) can no longer be viewed in Bridge as thumbnails and previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of your raw images, including the ones you've adjusted, will not be available to you. The one way to circumvent the bulk of the issue is to convert them into TIF images. Those can be seen/read by your OS, but raw files need "demozaicing" which your OS may or may not be able to see—including your adjustments. The saved TIF images, with the adjustments, will be able to be seen. (But DO NOT throw away your raw images, you'll need them when you can go back to your PS plan.)

Oh, just one more thought: if you keep your images as raw images (e.g., Cr2), you must keep any XML files as they hold all of your adjustments. However, if you converted your images to DNG, any adjustments are contained in the DNG as they are "container files." Just be aware of that, as are JPG images which are also container files.

Keywords that have been applied to images remain IN the image (or XML files for raw images). However, I am not absolutely certain about where the keywords are kept in Bridge. However (the 2nd time). Any file, data, plugins, extra stuff that was not part of any application's instillation will remain on your computer. When you stop your payments, all of the applications that demand payment just stop and you'll be getting some kind of message that you need to pay to make your application work. BUT THE FILES REMAIN. So, any of the keywords should remain even if you uninstall Bridge because they were not part of the original installation. So they should remain 

With that in mind, if you have to cancel your subscription, do not uninstall anything. In the future, hopefully you'll be able to start things up, update to new versions, and you'll be good to go.

But as to whether you'll need to reinstall Bridge after you cancel, I really truly do not know, you'll have to find out. But your keywords "should" remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Gary.

I just read this post by ProDesignTools:

"...the Adobe Camera Raw plugin which integrates with both Photoshop and Bridge is view-only if Photoshop is not activated. Meaning that within Bridge, the ACR plugin works in a read-only way in order to display and preview the content within your Adobe files."

"...Bridge will legally continue to work and be able to manage and view your media and Adobe files even if/when your trial or subscription ends." 6/23/2021

So, when they say, "able to manage and view your media..." do you think that includes a camera's RAW files? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines