• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image metadata visible in other programs

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company wants to embed images with copyrights to our work. I have no problem adding metadata using Photoshop or Bridge. HOWEVER, when I open the image in other programs the metadata isn't visible and if I save the same image in a different program the metadata is erased. Is there some way to embed metadata like copyrights so that it will appear in other programs and be more difficult to remove? Or at least less likely to be accidently removed?

TOPICS
How to , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. If someone has the file, they can delete the metadata. Also, some methods of save/export will strip metadata, and many websites remove it for uploaded images.

There are some proposed methods of changing how metadata is saved but no real standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I know in the past I've encountered images with a copyright on them that transfered if I made a copy of the image or saved the image. Also, the copyright showed in various graphics programs. I'd like to know how that was done. I'm not trying to stop someone who purposely removes the metadata, but instead want the data to exist when the image is opened in different programs other than Adobe (while still showing in Adobe applications). If a copyright metadata is only visible in a few programs it's pretty much useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone uses the same standards. As long as the viewer is standards-compliant, your metadata will be visible. What applications are not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paint Shop Pro. I'm running the images throuhg several versions from old Jasc PSP 7 upto 2018. Does not see entries by Adobe. Older versions don't see metadata I add with other programs. I know, for a fact, I've used Paint Shop Pro 7 (Jasc version) and it not only saw the metadata in an image (years ago), it transfered when copying or saving. I believe there has to be a way to get those results. I'm currently playing with different metadata programs to see what I can do. I am amazed that Adobe doesn't have that capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't understanding, Adobe is not the problem. Bridge writes the metadata per industry standards. Its up to other developers to read that metadata. Check with IrfanView, FastStone, EXIFTool, and XNView to see if those work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. I fully understand that Adobe isn't the problem. The other programs are. HOWEVER, I've encountered metadata that has shown in the other programs as well as Adobe. I'd like to know why and how I can duplicate that. If simply opening the image in the wrong application is an excuse that you didn't see the metadata, then the metadata is useless. Ultimately I'm going to have to just go with Bridge and live with it, but I honestly believe there's a way to make this work with Adobe that will be visible to other programs. I've encountered it. I've had a little success now by tweeking Bridge and the metadata is showing in PSP 2018, but it's still not showing in the older software. I can live with that, but hope to do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post screenshots of SPECIFIC things that aren't working. Right now its all vague to where nobody can really help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines